Position: WASH Project Supervisor
Contract duration: 11 months (3 months probation)
Starting Date: ASAP
Background on ACTED
ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in May 2007. ACTED is currently implementing projects covering multiple humanitarian / development sectors, funded by of a variety of international donors, which aim at protecting vulnerable households and strengthening civil society actors across the oPt. ACTED oPt offers a dynamic, rigorous and knowledge-oriented working environment.
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza. ACTED currently seeks an WASH Assistant to support the implementation of its project titled “Emergency WASH interventions to mitigate the most negative impacts of the COVID-19 crisis for vulnerable Palestinian communities” funded by the Centre de Crise et de Soutien (CDCS), aims to support marginalized communities in the Hebron governorate to have improved adequate and safe access to WASH services, through the rehabilitation of water supply chains, upgrading of school WASH infrastructure and the renovation of household-level WASH facilities.
- Follow up on all project field activities (construction/maintenance/rehabilitation of WASH facilities at community and household level, including water sources, water trucks, and WASH facilities in schools and in individual shelters) and ensure compliance with quality and accountability standards;
- Conduct technical assessment for needed maintenance/rehabilitation works;
- Elaborate tender’s documents including the Bills of Quantities and technical specifications;
- Daily monitoring of ongoing construction activities to ensure that all the activities are executed as per design, specifications and work schedule;
- Ensure appropriate documentation of the site activities (maintenance/rehabilitation);
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on the progress of the field activities;
- Participate in writing of technical documents related to designing and implementation of technical activities (terms of reference, technical studies or surveys, tender reports, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), announcements, technical evaluation);
- Develop and maintain good relationships and lines of communication with relevant local authorities and communities, prior to intervention explaining ACTED’S role as an NGO and liaising with them during all phases of the project;
- Preparation of weekly, monthly work plans and construction progress reports;
- Coordinate with other stakeholders on the ground for smooth, efficient and effective implementation of the activities, including attendance to internal and external meetings, as coordinated with direct line manager, including WASH cluster meetings and any other relevant meetings.
- Oversee the work, provide support and capacity building for the WASH assistant;
- Perform any other related tasks required by the direct supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 4 year experience in relevant field; proven experience in managing WASH projects
- Proven experience in managing other staff.
- Ability to write reports and follow-up execution of projects’ activities.
- Very good knowledge of Hebron governorate, in particular H2 and Masafer Yatta, and ability of movement in the field.
- Demonstrated experience in budget development and management is a plus.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to commit to flexible working hours and willing to travel whenever necessary.
- Ability to work in a team, under pressure, ability to take initiative, make decisions, monitor and evaluate. Capable in planning and problem solving.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments & meet deadlines with willingness to travel to the field independently
- Very good in written & spoken English/ Arabic with technical report writing
- Valid driving license, and comfortable for frequent travels, especially on difficult roads, i.e. Masafer Yatta communities.
- Very good computer skills, fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
المسمى الوظيفي WASH Project Supervisor
آخر موعد للتقديم 11 - Nov - 2020
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 4 Years
Interested candidates are invited to send CV, Cover letter and three references (in English) no later than November 11th, 2020 to: ([email protected]), indicating the position (WASH Project Supervisor) in the subject line.
The selection committee will review all applications as they are received.
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone inquiries will be received.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة ACTED NGO