Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
WASH Project Officer – Mechanical Engineer
For a period of 8 months with possibility of extension based on fund
In General, the WAH project Officer (Mechanical Engineer) is responsible for efficient field implementation of Action Against Hunger’s WASH activities regarding the electro-mechanical works in public facilities related to water/sanitation, health and/or education, field inspection/verification visits, office works, participate in data collection and assessments, participate in beneficiaries’ verification and identification, preparing the BoQs with prices.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Implementation of the projects’ activities
- Ensure the effective implementation of the activities defined the Head of Project (including beneficiary identification and cross checking, monitoring data collection and analysis).
- Schedule activities according to the project’s implementation.
- Support MEAL department to develop appropriate questionnaires and survey documents if needed.
- Support the Head of Project with financial and logistical follow-up if needed.
- Propose solutions or improvements to achieve better performance of WASH projects.
- Identify, anticipate, and inform the Head of Project of any problems or constraints observed in the field.
- Ensure the timely drafting of reports in coordination the Head of Project.
- Coordinate WASH activities with the key stakeholders (PWA, CMWU, WASH Cluster and municipalities)
- Follow up field works and reporting to the WASH Head of Project
- Supervise the distribution of humanitarian aid at distribution locations, as required.
- Participate in all meetings organized by WASH PM for the team or the base meeting organized by the Head of Base.
- Analyze and build on experiences to share lessons learned, and if required, propose new directions for WASH projects and programs.
Project design and evaluation
- Participate in the design and implementation of project related assessments, surveys or any other project identification studies including coordination of designed activities with relevant stakeholders & national plans, with the support of the MEAL department if required.
- Participate in the design of problem statements, position paper, concept papers and project proposals as requested by the Head of Project.
- Participate in on-going information gathering from other NGOs, institutions, ministries, local authorities, partners and communities and other key actors relating to the WASH situation.
- Organize information dissemination meetings with community members to ensure community participation during the project cycle phases.
- Prepare the daily and/or weekly reporting of field activities and monthly data update to the Head of Project as input to the APR.
- Provide support and information to the Head of Project in completing and finalizing the interim and final reports to the donors.
- Technical review of baseline/end line reports, studies and assessment reports conducted by the MEAL team.
- In charge of the project’s activities archiving.
- Follow the specific safety rules of the mission and base security plans and be aware of the emergency preparedness plan.
- Respect and implement the security rules during the working duty time.
- Communicate with the security focal point in the base about any information related to safety and security.
- Support the WASH Program Manager and/or Head of Project in preparing concept notes and proposals development as required.
- Maintain and file project documents and correspondences.
- Support to other departments as requested by the WASH Program Manager and/or Head of Project, Head of Base or Country Director.
- Attend local WASH meetings or project-related community meetings.
- Participate in/or supervise the writing of Terms of Reference for any external service.
- Translation of work as required.
- Those duties that are inherent to the position and requested according to mission needs.
- Participate in the writing of technical documents related to the implementation of WASH activities (terms of reference, technical studies or surveys, tender reports, announcements, technical evaluation, and final reports, etc.)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering with WASH Background.
- Knowledge of WASH, electro-mechanical works of infrastructures (wells, pump stations, desalination plants and networks) that covered O&M and rehabilitation works.
- At least five years’ experience in humanitarian, emergency and development programming, strong preference for experience in WASH.
- Demonstrated experience in project design, planning, and follow up WASH interventions related to the electro-mechanical works.
- Experience in working with and coordinating with international and national NGOs.
- Knowledge of Cluster bodies and coordination mechanisms
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good reporting skills.
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent in reading, writing, and speaking both Arabic and English.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ACAD, outlook, Teams, and internet software.
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
from 68,580 ILS to 81,204 ILS gross/ year divided in 12 payments and based on experience. In addition, Action Against Hunger covers food and transportation allowances for a fully worked month.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click on Apply Now -تقدم الان لهذه الوظيفة to access to the service
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 17/07/2021.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.