Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Hebron office one
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Project Officer
For a period of 6 months
The Candidate will:
- Coordinate with duty bearers, beneficiaries, and key stakeholders to define appropriate design.
- Prepare preliminary design layout and share it with relevant stakeholders
- Participate in the design and implementation of technical surveys or any other project identification study in collaboration and coordination with the technical engineering specialist.
- Participate in preparing detailed technical design for proposed activities using engineering software programs and prepare technical detailed drawings and specifications.
- Prepare bill of quantities and cost estimation for technical activities
- Implement the following: beneficiary selection, field works, trainings, tenders preparations, community organization and all related works.
- Follow up implementation of activities through community’s direct methodology when required, and provide technical advice and feedback to the community during implementation as needed.
- Conduct regular monitoring site visits to ensure that works are implemented according to design.
- Provide technical assistance to beneficiaries and counterparts when needed
- Participate in data collection for monitoring and evaluation of results and objectives indicators
- Participate in contractor’s evaluations and provide technical recommendations on technical capacity needed and implementation methodology.
- Support the technical team and provide technical recommendations and alternative technical solutions when needed
- Participate in writing of technical documents related to designing and implementation of technical activities (terms of reference, technical studies or surveys, tender reports, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), announcements, technical evaluation).
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor degree in civil engineering or related engineering field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in designing implementing, and supervision of engineering interventions.
- Excellent knowledge in construction and rehabilitation of water infrastructure and construction projects.
- knowledge in humanitarian or emergency programming is a plus
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of programs/ activities is a plus.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and team worker.
- Valid driving license and proven driving skills.
- Very good in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English
- Knowledge in AUTO Cad, MS project, Microsoft Office application, EBANET and GIS are plus.
- Ability to travel in West Bank and stay overnight
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
Interested candidates should send a letter of motivation and their updated CV including at least two professional references covering the last two supervisors for their last two jobs to [email protected]
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 21st of June 2018.
PLEASE indicate the reference WPO/TTPP/18/11 in all correspondence.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.