- Contribute to the planning, designing, execution, and outreach for the Investment Readiness Program IRAS with support from Startups Program Manager; and continuously reflect on the program progress and deliverables to improve future cycles of the program
Program Planning, Implementation, and Development
- Be fully responsible for the management of the WASH program in the spirit of providing the best possible value for Mercy Corps, program beneficiaries, and the community at large.
- Ensure WASH programs/projects activities are implemented in accordance with technical, budgetary, and timely requirements to the highest standards delivering the maximum possible quality and in compliance with all Mercy Corps and donor standards, policies, and procedures.
- Regularly develop, prepare, and maintain up-to-date work plans, budgets, contracts, and procurements needed to implement project activities.
- Identify, and lead the design process of new WASH project activities or modify existing project activities to address community needs based on data gathered from community representatives, local partner NGOs/CBOs, INGOs, and WASH cluster assessments and reports.
- Lead needs assessments, data collection and analyses, WASH project designs, specific technical designs. Coordinate with MEL and relevant Mercy Corps technical support units (TSUs), and external parties.
- Develop/Lead and track implementation plans, work plans, technical designs, drawings, specifications, BoQs, timelines, environmental examinations, quality control plans, tender documents, and any other technical document for all WASH projects in close coordination with Mercy Corps relevant departments, in addition to relevant external stakeholders.
- Ensure high-quality monitoring and evaluation procedures are in place and maintained with a focus on outputs and outcomes.
- Develop, in cooperation with Mercy Corps' Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Unit evaluation strategy, and monitoring tools.
- Lead in planning baseline and end-line data collection according to the established evaluation strategy, support data analysis, and provide analytical reports.
- Ensure active engagement, timely communication, and proper coordination with Mercy Corps support departments, including Finance and Compliance, MEL, Procurement, HR, and Admin.
Fundraising, Coordination, and Representation
- Under the supervision of the Director of Programs and Country Director; seek new WASH opportunities, participate and lead fundraising initiatives, proposal writing, and data collection.
- Establish productive relationships with all sector-related stakeholders, including donors, official bodies, private sector actors, and other NGOs/INGOs.
- Represent Mercy Corps at all relevant coordination meetings and external forums/workshops/ conferences.
- Coordinate with other NGOs to consolidate Mercy Corps' strategic niche in WASH sector and identify strategic partnerships.
Program Minimum Standards
- Ensure that project minimum standards are consistently adhered to.
- Ensure that a comprehensive reporting schedule and quarterly planning process are maintained and adhered to according to requirements.
- Ensure that donor reports produced by the Projects team effectively demonstrate the impact of Mercy Corps' project interventions.
- Supervise, hire and orient new team members as necessary.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performance reviews.
- Provide team members with information, tools and other resources to improve performance, and reach objectives.
- Contribute to country team-building efforts, help team members identify problem solving options, and ensure the integration of all team members into relevant decision-making processes.
- Ensure performance reviews are completed on time and that staff are given feedback on work performance and key priorities.
Monitoring and Evaluation, and Reporting
- Ensure high quality monitoring and evaluation procedures are in place and maintained with a focus on outputs and outcomes.
- Provide periodic and ad-hoc updates on the status of the WASH project implementation.
- Ensure information for donor semi-monthly, quarterly, and annual reports is submitted on time; as required. Review all reports to ensure a high-quality product.
- Maintain project summaries for donors and internal use, including updated fact sheets. Write success stories and produce other written material as required.
- Ensure that programs are designed and implemented with a clear analysis and understanding of security management priorities.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning – and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient, and relevant to the communities they serve – Mercy Corps expects all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
- Contribute to the development of Mercy Corps’ country strategy and annual plans.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Guarantee community involvement at all phases of the project (identification, design, implementation, and monitoring) to ensure the development of community ownership for the projects.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A BSc Degree in Civil Engineering, Water Resources Management, Water Treatment Technologies, or related field; MA/S preferred.
- 5-10 years of field experience in the management of development programs including infrastructure, and water desalination.
- Experience in the Palestinian WASH sector. Excellent understanding of water systems.
- Demonstrated success working effectively and respectfully with country government, private sector, INGO, NGO partners, and other stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Excellent writing skills and experience with proposal development processes with prior experience with USAID, UN, EU, and other funding agencies.
- Successful and proven negotiation, communication, and organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written English skills are required.
- Experience managing a team.