Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
WASH Head of Project
For a period of 10 months with possibility of extension based on fund
The overall responsibility is to support the WASH Program Manager and manage the projects executed by Action Against Hunger as well as the day-to-day implementation of the Gaza WASH projects. This includes staff management, coordination with the partners, responsible for preparation of assessments, monitor of beneficiaries’ identification, coordination with relevant stakeholders, activity implementation and reporting.
The head of project is accountable for the project implementation and the achievement of its objectives.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Preparation and coordination of the kick-off meeting and close out meeting to ensure proper project documentation (workplan, PP and budget forecasting, MEAL plan and risk assessments).
- Planification of the identified activities in coordination with WASH Program Manager and the project technical team and support departments (logistics and finance).
- Preparation of all project documents and tools including, but not limited to questionnaires, MoUs, donation certificates with the project team... etc.
- Maintain good relationships with key actors – including clusters, partners, MoH, MoPWH, CMWU, municipalities, to ensure their active participation in the successful implementation of the project.
- Conduct field visits and/or follow up the one carried out by project staff for assessment, activity identification, implementation, and monitoring.
- Preparation of the technical specifications for the activities in coordination with the technical team of relevant partners/stakeholders.
- Follow-up activities’ implementation cycle and final handover in coordination with the related technical staff.
- Ensure timely implementation of the planned activities as identified in the project work plan and agreed with the WASH Program Manager and Head of Base.
- Develop and monitor the design of ToR for studies, reports, awareness-raising campaigns with project staff, and ensure the proper implementation of activities is reflected in specific reports.
- Ensure all MEAL’s comments, feedback and lessons learned are reconsidered in the activities’ modifications.
- Support the WASH Program Manager and advocacy coordinator to ensure the project experiences are capitalized and systematized through success stories, lessons learned, press releases when needed, methodology documents and capitalization reports.
- Support donors and stakeholders’ visits to the field and coordinate with relevant stakeholders through preparation of agenda, printed materials (project fact sheet) and writing of visit report upon completion - including photographs.
- Participate in procurement preparation in coordination with logistics department and the, including attending bids opening sessions, technical evaluation, and selection of the best bidder, and follow up on the contract to be fully achieved within the specified time frame.
- Monitor and follow Budget Follow up on, Treasury Forecast and develop internal control tools for budget management in coordination with the Finance officer.
- Promote and follow up on the use of beneficiary feedback mechanism.
- Ensure and follow up on the feeding of project data into the database system in coordination with the MEAL department.
- Ensure and follow up on project archiving and documentation in coordination with the related technical staff according to AAH archiving process.
- Ensure project team compliance with protocols of data confidentiality and protection.
Project design and strategy
- Participate in the design and implementation of project related assessments, surveys or any other project identification studies including coordination of designed activities with relevant stakeholders & national plans.
- Participate in the design of the WASH strategy, problem statements, position paper, concept papers and project proposals as requested by WASH Program Manager
- Participate in the recruitment process for positions related to the project that are directly managed by the Head of Project.
- Review and adapt, if necessary, job descriptions of project team in collaboration and coordination with the WASH Program Manager and HR officer.
- Support the professional development of his/her team, ensuring that each team member can do their job. Identify training needs of their employees, promote undertake the relevant training and performs monitor progress.
- Evaluate project’s team members at least once a year, and upon completion of a staff members probation period and ensure sufficient induction and integration into the team.
- Develop a defined work plan for each project team member, to be provided on a monthly basis to WASH Program Manager
- Validate each Project team members’ leave plan request, considering the project time plan and Action Against Hunger internal regulations.
- Conduct a project orientation for staff to understand the nature of the project.
- Prepare interim and final reports for donors in collaboration with the WASH Program Manager
- Check the counterpart reports in case they are needed.
- Prepare the monthly Activity Progress Report.
- Technical review of baseline/end line reports, studies, and assessment reports.
- Follow the specific safety rules of the mission and base security plans and be aware of the emergency preparedness plan.
- Prepare project risk analysis and ensure implementation is in compliance.
- Communicate with the security focal point in the base about any information related to safety and security.
- Follow up on of incident reports in coordination with the Safety/Security Officer and Head of Base.
- Prepare the updates and attend the SMTs (senior management team) and OTFs (operation task force) meetings.
- Represent AAH in meetings upon request.
- Replace the WASH Program Manager when needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, engineering (Mechanical/civil), project management or any related field with WASH Background. Higher degree will be preferable.
- Knowledge of WASH, rehabilitation, and construction of infrastructures.
- At least seven years’ experience in humanitarian and development programming, strong preference for experience in WASH.
- Demonstrated experience in project design, planning, monitoring, and follow up WASH interventions.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated project management, team management and direct project implementation experience, knowledge of emergency programing.
- Demonstrated experience in budget development and management.
- Experience in working with and coordinating with international and national NGOs.
- Experience of Monitoring and Evaluation of programs/ activities is a plus.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, strong analytical skills and solid organizational skills.
- Excellent in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GIS, and email/internet software.
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
from 86,628 ILS to 105,540 ILS gross/ year divided in 12 payments and based on experience. In addition, Action Against Hunger covers food and transportation allowances for a fully worked month.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click on Apply Now -تقدم الان لهذه الوظيفة to access to the service
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 17/07/2021.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.
For applicants previously applied, please do not re-send your application.