Position: WaSH Engineer ( Second Time)
Contract duration: 6 months (3 months probation)
Location: Hebron / Palestine, with frequent visits to Ramallah
Starting Date ASAP
** For candidates who have already applied in the first time , no need to apply again
I-Background on ACTED
ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in May 2007. ACTED is currently implementing projects covering multiple humanitarian / development sectors, funded by of a variety of international donors, which aim at protecting vulnerable households and strengthening civil society actors across the oPt. ACTED oPt offers a dynamic, rigorous and knowledge-oriented working environment.
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza. ACTED currently seeks a WaSH Engineer for its humanitarian operations in Palestine.
ACTED is currently implementing a project for the rehabilitation of health facilities in the H2 area of Hebron. The WASH Engineer will work within the H2 area of Hebron with possible travel to needed areas inside West Bank and East Jerusalem. The main responsibilities will include working to design and improve the technical engineering implementation aspects of the project program in H2-Hebron, preparing contractual documents and managing them, designing and constructing WaSh facilities, and/or latrine construction. The WASH Engineer will also be responsible in coordinating and leading the project with local partner MoH & HWC endorsed by Program Coordinator, creating and drafting technical designs, and submitting regular reports on the work being completed.
- Follow up on all project field activities (construction/maintenance of WASH facilities) and ensure compliance with quality and accountability standards;
- Conduct technical assessment for needed maintenance/rehabilitation works;
- Elaborate tender’s documents including the Bills of Quantities and technical specifications;
- Daily monitoring of ongoing construction activities to ensure that all the activities are executed as per design, specifications and work schedule;
- Ensure appropriate documentation of the site activities (maintenance/rehabilitation);
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on the progress of the field activities;
- Perform any other related tasks required by the direct supervisor;
- Participate in writing of technical documents related to designing and implementation of technical activities (terms of reference, technical studies or surveys, tender reports, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), announcements, technical evaluation);
- Develop and maintain good relationships and lines of communication with relevant local authorities and communities, prior to intervention explaining ACTED’S role as an NGO and liaising with them during all phases of the project;
- Preparation of weekly, monthly work plans and construction progress reports;
- Coordinate with other stakeholders on the ground for smooth, efficient and effective implementation of the activities.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or any related field required.
- At least four years’ experience in humanitarian, development or emergency programming, required/proved experience in WASH projects.
- Strong knowledge in water and sanitation.
- Demonstrated direct project implementation experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in budget development and management is a plus.
- Experience in working with international and national and coordinating with local and public entities.
- Proficient in Auto CAD, EPANET 2, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good communication, including training, capacity building and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines.
- Professional attitude, excellent communcation, creative and flexible with ability to work in a team.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English.
- Valid Driving License.
Interested candidates are invited to send CV, Cover letter and three references (in English) no later than May 20th, 2020 to: ([email protected]), indicating the position (WaSH Engineer) in the subject line.
The selection committee will review all applications as they are received.
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone inquiries will be received.