Position: WASH Assistant - CDC
Contract duration: 11 months (3 months probation)
Starting Date: ASAP
Background on ACTED
ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in May 2007. ACTED is currently implementing projects covering multiple humanitarian / development sectors, funded by of a variety of international donors, which aim at protecting vulnerable households and strengthening civil society actors across the oPt. ACTED oPt offers a dynamic, rigorous and knowledge-oriented working environment.
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza. ACTED currently seeks an WASH Assistant to support the implementation of its project titled “Emergency WASH interventions to mitigate the most negative impacts of the COVID-19 crisis for vulnerable Palestinian communities” funded by the Centre de Crise et de Soutien (CDCS), aims to support marginalized communities in the Hebron governorate to have improved adequate and safe access to WASH services, through the rehabilitation of water supply chains, upgrading of school WASH infrastructure and the renovation of household-level WASH facilities.
- Technical assistance, field work and implementation
- Under the supervision of the WASH Project Supervisor, conduct technical assessments in the target communities and develop Bills of Quantities for the rehabilitations of target water sources, water trucks, schools, and household-level WASH facilities;
- Participate in the preparation of project-related designs and drawings;
- Participate in site visits, follow up on field activities;
- Follow up on implementation with beneficiaries and contractors, provide on-site technical support as needed;
- Verify that the construction works are corresponding to the agreed BoQs, and the quality of the materials meets the desired standards;
- Ensure smooth cooperation with ACTED partners and maintain systematic lines of communication with key stakeholders as needed and as requested by WASH Engineer;
- Prepare incident reports and daily reports for the WASH Project Supervisor, ensure the regular documentation of site activities;
- Perform other duties as requested by direct supervisor.
- Ensure a timely delivery of interventions in affected communities;
- Ensure the accuracy and availability of all supporting documents for each case (ie contracts/BoQs, beneficiary lists/reception vouchers);
- Conduct assessments as requested by WASH Project Supervisor and in a quality manner;
- Check materials during rehabilitation works to ensure quality and quantities;
- Prepare designs and drawings for activities;
- Attend internal and external meetings, as requested by WASH Project Supervisor;
- Coordinate and cooperate with implementing partners following the communication channels agreed with WASH Project Supervisor;
- Participate in improving ACTED tools (forms, templates…etc.) through regular feedback to WASH Project Supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or any related field.
- 1 to 2 years of work experience in a relevant field especially with INGOs/NGOs.
- Ability to write reports and follow-up execution of projects’ activities.
- Very good knowledge of West Bank villages and ability of movement in the field.
- Able to commit to flexible working hours and willing to travel whenever necessary.
- Ability to work in a team, under pressure, ability to take initiative, make decisions, monitor and evaluate. Capable in planning and problem solving.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments & meet deadlines with willingness to travel to the field independently
- Very good in written & spoken English/ Arabic with technical report writing
- Valid driving license, and comfortable for frequent travels, especially on difficult roads, i.e. Masafer Yatta communities.
- Very good computer skills, fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
المسمى الوظيفي WASH Assistant - CDC
آخر موعد للتقديم 14 - Nov - 2020
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 1 Year
Interested candidates are invited to send CV, Cover letter and three references (in English) no later than November 14th, 2020 to: ([email protected]), indicating the position (WASH Assistant - CDC) in the subject line.
The selection committee will review all applications as they are received.
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone inquiries will be received.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة ACTED NGO
WASH Project Supervisor
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
Junior Project Officer
Senior Logistics Officer
رام الله والبيرة
30, Dec, 2019