“Junior Position with an Entry Level”
Position Title : Vendor Data Admin – Palestine (WBG)
Position Type : Daily Basis Service Contract
Location : Mercy Corps / Gaza Office
Duration : Two Months
Mercy Corps is powered by the belief that a better world is possible. To do this, we know our teams do their best work when they are diverse and every team member feels that they belong. We welcome diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be stronger and have long term impact.
Global Procurement and Logistics (GPL) provides support to Mercy Corps’ HQ and field operations in the areas of procurement and sourcing, compliance with internal policies and procedures, and enablement of the FP3/HP3/HP3E policies by leveraging industry best practices and platforms such as SAP Ariba. “Source to Pay” (S2P), is a project team within GPL, responsible for leading and coordinating implementation of the SAP Ariba Sourcing, Contracting and Procurement solution, known internally as “ProSource”
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Support the onboarding and setup of vendors/suppliers in the ProSource (and potentially Navigator) systems based on existing policies, and ProSource system capabilities and limitations. Confirm the best method of vendor data entry and system setup given preliminary processes and existing country vendor quality and compliance standards. Ensure internal control and data quality standards are met, and properly facilitate and enforce such standards from submitted vendor entry request submissions (either online within Pro-Source or via the Supplier Information Request form submitted through the Mercy Corps Help Desk). Provide vetting of supplier requests to prevent duplicate supplier entry and support both full direct entry of supplier data in support of direct purchases, as well as supplier data in support of sourcing event activities (RFQs, Standard Tenders and High Value Tenders). Act as a liaison between procurement and operations functions, and associated finance functions that rely heavily on accurate and timely vendor master data.
Existing processes and system settings may be updated to ensure vendors are set up in the most efficient and compliant manner, globally. Findings and changes will be incorporated into existing processes and documentation to improve all supporting processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Entry and quality assurance of vendor data, required in the ProSource system to support the sourcing, procurement from and payment of vendors.
- Ensure controls around vendor data entry are designed and operating effectively.
- Come up to speed quickly on complex systems and data procedures within the first Mercy Corps country deployment of ProSource.
- Previous familiarity with field operations and finance policies and processes, especially concerning working with field vendors is strongly recommended, as time frames for system roll-out and implementation are aggressive.
- Facilitate supplier identification for initial data conversion, as well as continued coordination and handling of vendor setup requests via ProSource and the Mercy Corps Global Help Desk (Jira)
- Understand and work within rapidly changing and evolving programmatic environments, and support different types of vendor onboarding activities with respect to gathering, entering and managing supplier information in the ProSource system.
- Vendor data entry standards and internal controls are to be followed and improvements to such standards/controls proposed to the project team
- Coordinate communications with vendors throughout the supplier enablement process
- Support different levels of vendor capabilities, with some vendors having no internet/e-mail access and others having full internet access to the “Ariba Supplier Network”
- Use strong analytical skills to assess multiple system and process approaches, including how different roles can optimally support vendor management, vendor quality, vendor entry and vendor compliance.
- Role will interface with field and HQ finance managers to ensure continuity of data across ProSource and Global Finance (Navigator) system.
- An output result of this service, will be validated (and potentially updated) key process controls required to ensure data integrity, and compliance with Global Procurement, Finance and Compliance groups, as well as recommended reporting structure for the Vendor Data Admin role and/or group.
Service will be aligned with the Country roll-out of ProSource. Based on existing plans, the position will start as soon as the production system is established (February/March) for Palestine (WBG), and ends by the end of April, 2022.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Reports Directly To: Sr. Director Global Procurement & Logistics
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH:
Mercy Corps Palestine (WBG) key stakeholders – Operations Director, Operations Manager, Finance Director, Procurement Manager
Mercy Corps Global Procurement stakeholders – Sr. Global Procurement Manager, Regional Procurement and Logistics Manager (for Middle East)
Mercy Corps HQ key stakeholders - Director of Intl Finance, Finance Systems Manager
Mercy Corps S2P Project team - S2P Regional Transition Manager, S2P Project Manager, S2P BSA, S2P Application Admin, Finance and Compliance Lead
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills
- A university degree in operations, finance, accounting or a related business field is required.
- 2-3 years of experience in the Procurement Department of a non-government organization with international assistance operations.
- Experience in Mercy Corps’ procurement operations, FP3 policies and procedures is also highly desirable.
- Specific experience managing vendor relationships and ensuring appropriate compliance with Mercy Corps and Donor policies is highly desirable.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, including Excel, MS Word and prior experience with web based productivity suites such as G-Suite is required.
- Prior experience working with vendor master data in a procurement system context, including data review, entry and quality is highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written English skills are required. Oral and written Arabic skills are highly desirable.
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
المسمى الوظيفي Vendor Data Admin
آخر موعد للتقديم 27 - Jan - 2022
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني مبتدىء
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 2 Years
Qualified persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE
no later than Thursday, 27 January 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply separate application for each position you are interested in.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Mercy Corps - مؤسسة ميرسي كور
قطاع غزة, القدس, رام الله والب...
Marketing Specialist Consultant
قطاع غزة, القدس, رام الله والب...
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
Community Care Assistant