Position Title : Upskilling Program Intern
Position Type : Internship, Full Time
Location : Mercy Corps Gaza Office
Duration : Six months
ABOUT MERCY CORPS
Mercy Corps is powered by the belief that a better world is possible. To do this, we know our teams do their best work when they are diverse and every team member feels that they belong. We welcome diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be stronger and have long term impact.
ABOUT GAZA SKY GEEKS
Gaza Sky Geeks, established in 2011 by Mercy Corps and Google, is Palestine’s leading tech hub that trains, nurtures and supports emerging tech talent with the goal of creating a sustainable and inclusive digital job market in Palestine. With 10 years of experience training globally recognized tech talent, Gaza Sky Geeks has served over 23,000 Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank, 45% women, through training programs, workshops and events.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Upskilling program intern will be supporting on the implementation of high quality English training and also supporting on other GSG Upskilling Activities.
- Support the Upskilling Unit lead in building and promoting the application of the English
- Support in Scheduling English sessions, make sure they are running smoothly, and coordinate
logistics related to in-person sessions including halls’ booking, students adhere to office policies esp. covid-19 related.
- Attend English sessions regularly and observe mentors’ and participants’ performance.
- Help review on the content delivered in the English training.
- Organize meetings with English mentors regularly to discuss all training related topics.
- Maintain communication between Upskilling team and participants.
- Support in the planning and implementation of networking events for English training
- Work with the Upskilling program team in all events organization.
- Help to prepare the required documents (timesheets) for the English training participants’ and mentors’ stipends and payment.
- Support on building a proper pipeline of potential co-mentors and mentors for English training.
- Support to develop, coordinate, and conduct targeted outreach events to recruit new program
participants for the planned cohorts, to engage and follow up with program graduates and alumni
- Support in any of the upskilling activities/ trainings.
- Other day-to-day assignments and tasks that might be required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY n/a
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Upskilling program coordinator
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Upskilling team, Ops team, Comms team and Other relevant TechEd team members
ACCOUNTABILITY TO PARTICIPANTS AND STAKEHOLDERS:
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in ICT, Science, engineering, business, English or any other related field, with
a demonstrated record of interest and contemporary knowledge in his/her field.
- At least 1 years of proven work experience in a professional team-oriented environment
- Strong understanding of the social, political, and economic context of the Gaza Strip.
- Excellent writing skills in both English and Arabic.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Slack, Google products (Drive, Sheets, Docs). GSG does not use
email internally. We use Slack.
- At least 1 year of proven work experience as a successful online freelancer on a major online freelancing
platform in which work is conducted in English. Profiles will be evaluated online.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours as required;
- Ability to work in a flat, fast paced environment with others who are passionate about supporting Gaza’s technology ecosystem.
- Comfort with uncertainty and change—GSG is a small program but growing rapidly. Just like
our program, we seek staff who are adaptable and pitch in on what needs to be done.
- Strong listening abilities in order to understand the needs of Gaza’s freelancing community and GSG’s tech community
- Superb attention to detail.
- Positive attitude and passion for your work.
- Proactive, get-stuff-done mentality that always prioritizes outcomes, not just inputs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution and negotiation skills;
- Excellent time and organizational management skills;
- Up to date knowledge of technical and industry developments.
- Excellent ability to work under pressure and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously.
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
المسمى الوظيفي Upskilling Program Intern
آخر موعد للتقديم 26 - Jun - 2022
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني مبتدىء
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 1 Year
Qualified persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE no later than Sunday, 26 June 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply separate application for each position you are interested in.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Mercy Corps - مؤسسة ميرسي كور
Senior Finance Officer
القدس, رام الله والبيرة
Community and Operations Assistant
Marketing Specialist Consultant
قطاع غزة, القدس, رام الله والب...
قطاع غزة, القدس, رام الله والب...
رام الله والبيرة