Job Title: Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Project Manager (Applicants who applied previously need not re-apply again)
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Duty Station: East Jerusalem with frequent travel to the West Bank and Gaza
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration of Contract: 12 months with the possibility to extend based on fund availability and satisfactory performance
Closing Date: 5 March 2021 (midnight New York, USA)
UNDP through funds by the Government of Norway is initiating a new project for supporting Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in East Jerusalem, aiming to enable increased access to an improved learning environment for TVET and enhanced linkages with the labour market. The project strategy is built upon the harmonization of the following strategic pillars:
Functions/Key Results Expected/Responsibilities:
Expand and reinforce TVET choices in East Jerusalem by launching new market-driven TVET streams developed by the MoE, and provide quality TVET education including high-skilled and qualified teachers, modern education strategies and attractive learning environment, decent infrastructure (classrooms, workshops), equipment, consumables, and institutional support and complementarity services to attract and retain students and teachers. Establish partnerships with the private sector for teachers’ technical training, improving education content, providing mentorship/internships/ apprenticeships for the students of MoE TVET schools. Additionally, it is envisioned that MoE will provide TVET exposure for students at an early stage (between 7th and 9th grades) alongside TVET orientation for students in 10th grade, for increased direction towards TVET and early detection of potential cases of drop-outs.
Cooperate with the private sector – including relevant MSMEs, syndicates, businesses and the self-employed - to inform the TVET education system and thus improve its market-relevance, quality and effectiveness. The private sector was actively engaged with line ministries in the formulation of new TVET streams. UNDP/PAPP support to TVET in East Jerusalem has and will continue to build on and enhance cooperation with the private sector, in both the planning and implementation phases. This includes establishing partnerships with the private sector in East Jerusalem – including companies, MSMEs, entrepreneurs and professional networks - to provide opportunities for TVET students to acquire practical and on-the-job experience, including internships and practical trainings. To incentivize partnerships, MoE will enable access to small grants to cover the costs of materials to facilitate on-the-job trainings.
Tap on opportunities offered by YMCA Career Advancement Center (CAC) to provide career guidance, soft and life skills development, and other complementary skilling services marked as crucial for enhancing youth employability and complementing TVET education, such as Hebrew Language classes, basic knowledge of taxation, running a business, management, communication, and others. Moreover, through partnerships with private sector actors, CAC will support the periodic provision of labour market intelligence for assisting policy makers to better plan, guide and manage investments on TVET and education in East Jerusalem.
Against the backdrop, the project intended to achieve the following outputs:
Output 1: Expanded and improved offerings of TVET education for secondary students in East Jerusalem, through establishment of 2 TVET schools and re-branding of Dar Al Aytam School in the Old City, strengthening existing capacities at JDoE for improved TVET exposure and orientation and TVET-oriented career guidance, including trainings for school counsellors and teachers.
Output 2: Enhanced technical and pedagogical skills of TVET teachers for targeted TVET schools, through developing and conducting technical training for teachers and trainers of the new TVET schools, in addition to a comprehensive pedagogical training course targeting TVET teachers and trainers in East Jerusalem.
Output 3: Enhanced employability and complementary skilling services for TVET students, through development of partnerships with relevant private sector actors – including MSMEs and the self-employed – for the provision of on-the-job training opportunities for TVET students and provision of comprehensive life and soft skills development services for TVET students and carry out labour market intelligence.
In this regard, UNDP is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Project Manager, under the guidance of the Assistant Special Representative and the direct supervision of the Programme Design & Implementation Analyst. The expected duration of the contract is 12 months and the Service Contract extension will be conditioned to satisfactory performance evaluation as well as availability of funding under the project.
Functions/Key Results Expected/Responsibilities:
- Ensuring effective project management of the assigned project by maintaining the delivery of appropriate technical, operational, financial and administrative outputs, while tracking the project’s progress through monitoring and evaluation;
- Coordination and building strong partnerships with the implementing partners and relevant stakeholders;
- Preparation and assistance to finalization of reporting;
- Knowledge sharing and other relevant responsibilities pertaining to the project implementation and contribution to the office, focusing on achievement of the following results below;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisors.
Ensuring effective project management of the assigned project by maintaining the delivery of appropriate technical, operational, financial and administrative outputs, while tracking the project’s progress through monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Implement and manage the project on a day-to-day basis, coordinate the implementation of the respective activities based on the relevant project document, including, as needed, supervision and guidance of other project staff, consultants and experts with a view to achieving project results;
- Ensure the timely and quality delivery of planned project activities;
- Develop comprehensive/detailed project work-plans that include all project activities and roles and responsibilities of the stakeholders and set-out corresponding milestones;
- Monitor the progress of implementation of project activities and key event schedules observing the work-plans and set deadlines, including monitoring of the financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports;
- Mobilize goods and services to support project activities, including Call for Proposals, drafting TORs and works/product requirements and specifications;
- Manage and monitor project risks initially identified, submitting information on the new risks and possible mitigating measures to the Project Board for consideration and updating the status of these risks by maintaining a Project Risk Log;
- Assume responsibilities in line with the office Internal Control Framework and act as a `first authority` for Project transactions;
- Ensure the adherence of project activities to the existing financial, procurement and administrative processes that are in line with prevailing UNDP rules and regulations and, at the same time, observe the project timelines;
- Manage project tracking in ATLAS in accordance with UNDP procedures;
- Manage the transfer of project deliverables to national beneficiaries and other project stakeholders.
- Ensure that gender equality is pursued in all project activities and reflected in work plans, budgets, reports, researches, analyses and, where relevant, analyzed in detail;
- Ensure that accessibility for persons with disabilities is reflected in all project activities;
- Consult regularly with other UNDP projects and programs on related activities, where synergies are possible;
- Strive to engage groups and communities in project activities that affect them;
- Communicate project goals and activities clearly to both stakeholders and the wider public.
Coordination and building strong partnerships with the implementing partners and relevant stakeholders, focusing on achievement of the following:
- Maintain strong relationships with the implementing partners, line ministries and other relevant partners and donors;
- Finalize the contractual agreements with implementing partners;
- Maintain regular coordination and quality assurance of expert inputs and products, as well as among project partners to ensure coherence and complementarity of project activities;
- Identify opportunities for deepening the cooperation and recommending adequate approaches to dealing with different stakeholders based on information on all relevant stakeholders gathered during projects’ implementation;
- Maintain regular communication on relevant project issues with the local and international counterparts, consultants and experts and ensuring quality and timely delivery of all agreed outputs;
- Maintain effective linkages with current and potential donors;
- Submit reports to UNDP, partners and donors in a quality and timely manner.
Preparation and assistance to finalization of reporting, focusing on achievement of the following;
- Prepare project progress reports (progress against planned activities, update on risks issues, expenditures…) and ensure timely submission of the reports to the relevant instances, such as the project boards and relevant donor(s);
- Assist in periodical corporate reporting, including Atlas quarterly progress and ROAR, and;
- Update and file the relevant documentation.
Knowledge sharing and other relevant responsibilities pertaining to the project implementation and contribution to the office, focusing on achievement of the following;
- Ensure compilation and synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices throughout project implementation;
- Support the strategic sharing of relevant knowledge and information gathered throughout project implementation phase, in close collaboration with the Communications & Partnerships Specialist and the Programme Design & Implementation Analyst;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Actively learning for professional skills and career, and;
- Relevant issues and tasks guided by Programme Design & Implementation Analyst
Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisors
Ability to make new and useful ideas work: Adept with complex concepts and challenges convention purposefully
Ability to persuade others to follow: Generates commitment, excitement and excellence in others
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction: Models independent thinking and action
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform: Synthesizes information to communicate independent analysis
Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement: Meets goals and quality criteria for delivery of products or services
Ability to plan, organize, and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
Ability to engage with other agencies, donors, and other development stakeholders and forge productive working relationships
Ability to manage programmes and projects with a strategy aimed at improved performance and demonstrable results
Ability to support partner countries' capacity to manage
ODA resources effectively and harmonise with national policy and financing frameworks
Report WritingAbility to prepare quality reports
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Development Studies, Economics, Education or related fields.
MA with a minimum 5 years or BA with a minimum 10 years of relevant experience in managing similar development programmes, out of which 2 years of experience in project management, including results-based management, financial management, risk management, human resource, and procurement management.
Experience in international or non-profit organizations and its management is desirable
Knowledge and/or experience in TVET and education projects is an asset
Knowledge of the UN system and familiarity with UNDP procedures would be an asset.
Project management certification will be an asset
Proficiency in Arabic and English languages is required
المسمى الوظيفي (TVET) Project Manager
آخر موعد للتقديم 05 - Mar - 2021
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني إدارة
الدرجة العلمية الماجستير
الخبرة 5 Years
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP
رام الله والبيرة
OHCHR Human Rights Officer
23, Dec, 2020
(TVET) Project Manager
11, Dec, 2020
TEA Project Manager
رام الله والبيرة
9, Dec, 2020
7, Dec, 2020
Data Entry and Management Assistant
رام الله والبيرة
19, Nov, 2020
OHCHR National Operations Manager
رام الله والبيرة
5, Nov, 2020