The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Mission in Jerusalem, is seeking a qualified and motivated candidate to fill in the following position: Translator / Language specialist
Based in the ICRC's mission in Jerusalem, the translator is under the direct supervision of communication coordinator and the technical supervision of the head of the translation unit at ICRC’s Cairo Support Center. He/she works closely with all colleagues in the Communication Department in Jerusalem and Gaza and in cooperation with other Jerusalem based departments where relevant.
- Provide written translation works (EN to AR, AR to EN) of various public communiques of the communication department including news releases, print interviews, feature stories, captions, social media updates, etc., in addition to various communication related documents including audio- visual service contracts, print productions and publications, story boards, loglists for AV- productions, speaking points, public key messages, etc.
- Summarize documents (articles with references or relevance to the ICRC) and translates the summary or the full text where relevant
- Proof-reads and edits translations carried out by other colleagues if any and where relevant
- Follow up and update terminologies and other ICRC-related matters in Arabic and English where relevant
- Outsources written translations if needed to external contractors or to ICRC’s Cairo Support Center (in consultation with the Communication Coordinator.
- Acts as the primary focal point for the communication department with the translation unit at ICRC’s Regional Cairo Support Center, requesting support for ILOT translations when needed.
- Participates in writing captions for various communication stories/products
- Participates and contributes to various projects (av productions, print productions, publications, etc) upon need
- Maintains a monthly overview of all incoming translation works
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A professional diploma in the field of translation
- 3 - 5 years work experience in a similar field
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Excellent command of written and spoken Arabic
- Creative writing skills
- Good computer skills
- Knowledge of Hebrew desirable
- Driving licence
Interested applicants are invited to submit their CV (in English) plus a motivation letter, plus education and experience certificates not later than 15th of March 2018 to
Please clearly mark the position title and your name in the subject title of your email.