- Performing professional written and oral interpretation and translation activities according to supervisor’s specialisation (e.g. MD, RN, IC, Pharmacy, Mental Health, Lab, Logistics, Operations, HR), ensuring medical confidentiality, neutrality and respect towards patients, collaborators, authorities, military factions and MSF staff.
- Performing administrative tasks required by supervisor (arrangement of meetings, minute taking, and follow-up for patient care). Providing necessary feedback to supervisor following discussions and negotiations and. Assisting with report writing (MSF and Government required reports), ensuring that all meeting minutes are recorded and that translated documents are properly filed.
- Depending on the supervisor’s specialisation and the needs of the respective department, establishing and maintaining professional contacts with relevant authorities and communicating MSF’s messages to MoH counterparts and authorities (specifically related to patient care);
- Ensuring that supervisor is aware of cultural nuances when dealing with MoH authorities and counterparts to ensure a good working relationship. Educating supervisor on effective methods of culturally sensitive communication and informing international staff about local customs, tradition, etc. that will help in better communication and understanding of the context.
- Immediately informing supervisor of any problems that might be linked to individual behaviour (counterproductive and/or culturally insensitivity) and declaring any “conflict of interest” when asked to translate (e.g. personal involvement).
- Upholding MSF’s core principles, values, quality standards and Code of Conduct. Respecting MSF’s identification materials and not abusing their use aside from their intended purposes.
- Observing security rules and regulations, NOT putting self and others in danger. Promoting and maintaining MSF quality standards.
- Filling Covid 19 related surveys upon request.
- Ability to work in hospitals: high-risk zones with Covid 19 patients.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment.to MSF Principles
- Service Orientation
- Stress Management
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in English language, translation or related field (health degree would be an asset)
- Professional training in translation
- Essential at least two years previous working experience. Desirable in MSF or other NGOs
- Experience in written and oral translations and performing administrative tasks
- Excellent command in English and Arabic is essential
- Good computer skills (MS word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, CV with references´ details to:
Médecins Sans Frontières
Human Resources Departement _Hebron Project
With the reference: Medical Interpreter MSF vacancy. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Closing application date is October 9th, 2021.