CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Founded in 1992, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a non-governmental organization for international solidarity with a social and humanitarian mission With a presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, Secours Islamique France assists the peoples through its emergency aid, development and orphan sponsorship programs in over 30 countries wherever humanitarian and social needs exist, without regard to race, religion or gender.
SIF Gaza Strip Office- Palestine Mission was established in 2008, and since then, the Gaza Strip Office has developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine is a member of the Food Security, WASH, Education, Child Protection, Health & Nutrition and Shelter/NFIs clusters since many years and plays an active role in most of clusters’ meetings. SIF Gaza Strip Office- Palestine Mission also works in coordination with many local and international and humanitarian organizations and local NGOs in Gaza Strip to assess, share information and coordinate projects implementation with The Palestinian Authority (PA) to obtain authorizations.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Translator is under the Orphan Administrative Officer, S/he is responsible for translation works’ aspects, and s/he will work in close cooperation with SIF teams as following:-
- Translates correspondences, reports, assessment sheets, emails, and other materials from French into Arabic and vice versa;
- Acts as Arabic/ French interpreter when required;
- Assists in preparing for visits to various locations in the Gaza Strip and in receiving visitors and discussing their requests;
- Establishes and maintains a cross-referenced database for archives of translation;
- Performs any other duties related as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited university in French Language or relevant field;
- Minimum 03 years work experience in the similar position in an international organization;
- Ability to perform translation tasks with minimal supervision;
- High proficiency in speaking and writing skills in both Arabic and French;
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility;
- Ability to work within a team and bear the pressure of work;
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and deal with people with different backgrounds, cultures and nationalities;
- Very good computer skills: MS Office (specially Word and Excel);
- Ability to travel frequently and under the particular travel requirements of the assignment.
Humble and flexible, has sense of responsibilities, good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and adopts collective approach and has strong humanitarian motivation.
- Location: Gaza Strip
- Duration: 1 year.
- Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
- Translator : (Ref #: 2020/02/TRA)
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:
- Their CV.
- Letter of Motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above).
- Two professional references for their last two employers.
All above documents should be sent no later than 02:00 p.m. on 30th January 2020 to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected.
Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be considered.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer