MUSAWA - The Palestinian Center for the Independence of the Judiciary and the Legal Profession is a neutral, unpartisan, and independent Palestinian Civil Society Organization based in Ramallah and Gaza, Palestine. Established in 2002 by lawyers, former judges and human rights activists, MUSAWA is dedicated to defending the independence of the judiciary and the legal profession.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND SPECIFICATIONS:
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Translate documents from Arabic into English and vice versa.
- Provide interpreting services in internal and external meetings, from Arabic into English and vice versa, when needed
- Manage MUSAWA’s website both in Arabic and English, and ensure that they completely match.
- Take part in improving and implementing a media/social media plan at MUSAWA.
- Work closely with the PR & Fundraising Officer in communicating with internal and external media agencies and networks for the purpose of spreading MUSAWA’s vision, goals, and programs.
- Manage, update, and improve MUSAWA’s social media channels (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn).
- Prepare MUSAWA’s monthly newsletter from A to Z, and make sure it gets disseminated to all of MUSAWA’s partners.
- Ensure that MUSAWA’s staff adhere to its logo guidelines by supervising and proofreading all types of internal and external documents, including press releases, legal memos, correspondence, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- BA Degree in English Language and Translation as a minimum, preferably a certificate in Media.
- Preferably, a certificate in Arabic/English translation, particularly in the legal field.
- Competency and fluency in both Arabic and English- reading, writing and speaking.
- Ability to provide accurate translations from Arabic into English and vice versa.
- Ability to provide interpreting services from Arabic into English and vice versa.
- Experience in Media, especially Social Media.
- Experience in media-oriented supervision on websites.
- Preferably, previous work experience in Civil Society Organizations (Law and Human Rights).
- Self-development and willingness to do translation works with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Communication skills and team spirit.
- Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and Cover Letter (both in English) to [email protected] no later than 7 July 2018. Applicants who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.
- Minimum of 2 references, with whom the candidate has had a direct work experience in translation and media, should be listed in the CV.