Turquoise Mountain is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation established in 2006 by His Majesty King Charles III to revive traditional crafts, historic areas and to provide jobs, skills and opportunity through cultural heritage projects. By blending heritage buildings, education and enterprise, Turquoise Mountain has created sustainable heritage places and livelihoods that support the revival of artisan industries. Turquoise Mountain now works in Afghanistan, Myanmar, Saudi Arabia, and the Levant. Since 2006, Turquoise Mountain has restored over 150 historic buildings, created employment for thousands of artisans and builders, built over 50 small businesses, and supported and generated over $17 million in sales of traditional crafts to domestic and international markets.
Turquoise Mountain Levant was established in Jordan in 2018 and leverages the cultural heritage of Jordan and the wider region to train and educate in traditional crafts, deliver sustainable heritage led regeneration for communities, and connect hundreds of artisans to new and sustainable markets. This is an exciting time for the project, as we are growing our operation to support Palestinian artisans, engage Palestinian communities in their heritage, and open up new livelihoods in the craft sector.
The Training Manager will manage the set-up, development, and implementation of all of our new training programmes in the West Bank – in particular, training programmes focussing on design for craft skills, business skills, and entrepreneurship. This role includes responsibility for curriculum development, project management, quality assurance, assessments, team management and any other activities or special projects necessary for the running of the training programme.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Establish Turquoise Mountain’s new training programmes in West Bank – developing our policies and procedures, curricula, and relationships with other related NGOs and CBOs.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the everyday operations of the programmes in accordance with procedures and policies including:
- Recruit trainers, trainees, and additional staff
- Full oversight of trainees’ education and training requirements
- Oversee the development and implementation of the curricula
- Manage the Training Programme’s budget
- Oversee formal selection procedures for graduate placements into Turquoise Mountain’s production workshops
- Manage training team, including training officers, training assistants, and trainers
- Manage relationship with main training partners
- Provide regular reports on the performance of the project, collecting and maintaining up-to-date MEL data for our donors
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- At least 7-years’ experience in vocational training or higher education and project management
- Fluent in Arabic and English
- Good skills in Microsoft Office
Full-time contract, Sunday – Thursday (9am – 5pm)
You must be based within the West Bank or be able to travel to and around the West Bank on a weekly basis.
To apply, please submit the following in one PDF document to [email protected]:
In your application pack please include:
A text in English about your background, experiences and motivations for this post (250 words).
A one-page resumé.
Include your e-mail and phone number.