Community-Based Technical/Vocational Training Program
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTERST
Trainers and Instructors – Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC) - JWG is soliciting Expression of Interest from qualified and highly experienced technical and vocational education and training instructors and trainers in Gaza Strip interested to engage in consultancy work at IOCC’s established three Community-based Technical/Vocational Training Centers (CTTC) in Rafah, Khan Younis and North Gaza governorates in partnership with Peace Winds Japan (PWJ) and funding from Government of Japan. IOCC will screen the received trainers/instructors’ CVs and expression of interest letters and select a group of potential trainers/instructors for a further bidding process through which a final list of trainers/instructors will be selected according to their relevant specialties and technical and financial offers, to engage in implementing IOCC’s TVET training program at the three CTTC
To mitigate the impact of the difficult socio-economic circumstances facing youth in Gaza, IOCC has started implementing in partnership with Peace Winds Japan and funding from Government of Japan a three-year program to provide soft and technical/vocational skills-based training in non-conventional professions that will enable youth to find jobs and earn an income.
The program targets unemployed youth (18-25 years of age). IOCC is running three technical/vocational training centers (CTTC), one in each of the most disadvantaged governorates of Gaza including Rafah, Khan Younis and Gaza North. Each of these centers will offer technical/vocational training courses in the following identified sector areas:
Technical Training Courses:
- Solar energy and clean energy equipment and systems design and maintenance.
- Computer and networks software and hardware maintenance.
- Mobile phones software and hardware maintenance.
- Repair and maintenance of household appliances.
- Graphic design and multi-media, including animation production.
Supplementary/Soft-skills Training Courses
- Entrepreneurship Training.
- E-Commerce Training.
- Interpersonal skills Training.
The training centers will offer twenty two weeks of academic study for enrolled youth. Through this period the enrolled students will receive 300 training hours divided in three phases, including:
First phase: A ten-week period of theoretical and practical technical inside the centers. During this period, the enrolled students in each specialty/subject of technical training will receive 100 training hours.
Second phase: This phase will follow the first phase of training and will include a six-week period of supplementary/soft skills training and instruction. During this period, each enrolled student will receive 90 training hours, including 30 training hours per each of three supplementary courses aiming at increasing students’ employability and developing their capacity for income generation opportunities
Third phase: It will follow the second phase and will include a six-week period of internship training with local industries and businesses. During this period, each enrolled student will complete 110 hours of internship training within local business and industries relevant to his/her field of study.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Interested Individual TVET Trainers and Instructors Should Meet the Following Basic Requirements:
- A relevant university degree (MA degree is preferable) in a relevant disciple of the subject training courses, with three years’ experience in TVET education and/or relevant field.
- Proven track records of similar assignments and ability to provide references as support.
- High level of tutoring/training/instructing skills.
- Proficient in interactive and practical teaching methodology skills.
- Excellent knowledge and understating of the Gaza TVET sector and market, problems, constraints, options, etc.
- Female candidate trainers/instructors are encouraged to apply.
Submission of Expression of Interest:
Interested Individual Trainers/Instructors are invited to submit, to IOCC, their CVs in SOFT COPY, alongside a cover letter in English language indicating how they fit for such potential assignment, as well as, the training subjects they are interested to be engaged in. All CVs and interest letters should be sent to the following e-mail address no later than Thursday, 28 November 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.