Project name: Alternative Approaches to Enhanced Financial Inclusion of SME in the Palestinian Territories
Terms of Reference
Duration: will be determined after selection
Level of Efforts: Deliver up to 80 training hours, see point no. 6 below
Palestinian Banking Institute (PBI) is a non-profit organization. PBI delivers specialized training and consultation services in Financial, Banking, Managerial and other topics to enhance targeted audience and sectors’ capabilities and skills.
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and start-ups create jobs and allow many people to earn their own income. However, these types of businesses in the Palestinian Territories have insufficient access to financing. As a result, they cannot implement their ideas, create new products and services, successfully access new markets, or realize their full potential.
The GIZ project “Alternative Approaches to Financial Inclusion of SME in Palestine” (A-FIN) aims to improve the access, usage and quality of financial services for Palestinian enterprises. For that end, A-FIN works on the sides of financial awareness and regulator’s capacities, and facilitates market entries of innovative, technology-driven financial solutions (“Fintech”).
Specifically on the side of financial awareness, A-FIN supports the regulators PCMA and PMA in producing and distributing educational content for enterprises and users; the project furthermore intends to work with social media influencers to distribute online tutorials; and lastly the project targets so-called “multipliers” – institutions and individuals that themselves reach out to enterprises, trains and advises, influences or teaches them.
This cooperation with trainers/multipliers shall support the financial awareness component. This would be envisioned to be implemented by customized events and trainings targeting the specific informational needs and interests for the demand and interests of SMEs, entrepreneurs and start-ups – explicitly comprising all available and desirable ways of financial products and enterprise finance, including classical products, alternative products, Islamic products, and innovative, technology-driven solutions.
Palestinian multipliers will be trained by a trainer following the “train the trainers” approach in order to reach out afterwards to enterprises and provide trainings and advisory for enterprises on the responsible use of financial services. The multipliers shall have knowledge, tools and networks to be enabled to share (more) information on financial services for enterprises and serve as knowledge multipliers.
The trainer will contribute to improved qualifications of at least 50 multipliers, of which 20 are women and 20 from disadvantaged areas, who will train SMEs, entrepreneurs and start-ups about all available and desirable ways of financial products and services (banking & non-banking) and enterprise finance, including classical products, alternative products, Islamic products, and innovative, technology-driven solutions to contribute positively to the responsible usage of the before-mentioned products & services
The risen awareness and the conducted trainings/measures regarding the responsible usage of the before-mentioned products & services through (innovative) tools in (adult) learning & training have is conducted and led to an increased motivation of the target groups to use those products and services.
Scope of work
All activities; Developing/upgrading Training Materials, Delivering Training, Reporting, evaluation, feedback. (P.S reporting and evaluation mentioned here is only related to his direct tasks for each session not the project reporting and evaluations to GIZ which will be made by PBI)
The Trainers will be responsible for providing the following services in collaboration with GIZ and a consultant as well as the multipliers:
- Developing/upgrading training materials: e.g. modules, presentation, curriculum, development of teaching material etc. and an action plan outlining specific planned activities or packages such as capacity development measures for SMEs, entrepreneurs and start-ups (e.g. trainings, advisory sessions) or participation at global/regional events/ campaigns regarding financial education and awareness based on the content and methodologies covered during the TOT sessions
- Providing input to all materials/trainings to be implemented and conduct quality check of all outputs
- Dissemination of the developed content
- Introduce topics related to financial education (terminology, innovations and emerging topics e.g. digital responsible finance) to the target groups
- Organizational set-up for the implementation of the activities (what, when, how, etc.) and coordinating the organisation/running of training measures/ workshops/ network meetings
- Delivering the planned activities in from of trainings, advisory sessions are the like including the possibility to deliver them via ZOOM or another video platform when needed including:
- Financial education measures with specific focus on SMEs, entrepreneurs and start-ups
- Measures should be cross sectional and customized to the different target groups (different education levels, age-adjusted, etc.)
- Using sound, relevant and evidence-based communication approaches, learning methods (e.g. presentation, group work, case study, role plays, group discussions, panel discussions, or other interactive learning sessions etc.,), delivery models/channels e.g. trainings (group-based training, workplace programmes, cooperation with e.g. chambers etc.) including innovative technology and ways such as mobile phones, multimedia (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Documentation of the measures (trainings/advisory sessions, etc.) through the means of pictures, quotes of participants, short videos, etc.
- Feedback and evaluation report:
- Draft a feedback sheet or another way of feedback collection, which the target group will fill at the end of the measures and analyze it
- Write the evaluation and feedback report of the trainings, containing most relevant observations and learnings as well as suggestions for improvement, recommendations for any further specific support required
- Documentation of lessons learned (knowledge management)
Expected Outputs (Deliverables)
Expected Deliverables in line with the scope of work, but not limited to:
- Training Materials e.g. modules, presentation, curriculum
- Trainings conducted
- Documentation of the trainings
- Feedback and evaluation report
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Experience and background of the Trainers
- Background in Economics/Finance/Banking or in any related field
- State of the art knowledge on financial education/literacy (focus on developing and emerging countries), responsible finance, financial literacy or the like
- Good level of knowledge on demand and interests of SMEs, entrepreneurs and start-ups regarding financial products and services (including enterprise finance, classical products, alternative products, Islamic products, and innovative, technology-driven solutions), financial consumer protection and responsible finance
- Having access and linkages to relevant Palestinian local networks to be able to share information on financial services
- Necessary sociocultural skills for acting as an intermediary delivering the developed content towards the local target groups
- Excellent presentation and communication skills written and spoken in English & Arabic
- Ability to relate with stakeholders and target groups
- Efficient work practices
- Have proven exceptional planning, organization skills, able to take initiative and flexibility
- Sound experience in organizing and moderating, conduction of trainings
- Experience with behaviour change in different context, modes of communication in different contexts and campaign messaging design
- Relevant experience in designing, planning, advocacy, implementation, management, monitoring, and evaluation relating to behavior communication change, preferably relating to financial products and services promotion
Training courses may be divided to more than one training based on specific topic, targeted audience, and other relevant factors. So, courses may be assigned to trainers according to their specialties in certain topics.
Offers should be based on Training Hours.
المسمى الوظيفي Trainers
آخر موعد للتقديم 23 - Aug - 2021
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة العقود والاستشارات
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 3 Years
Latest Date of Submission: August 23rd 2021.
To be submitted to: email: [email protected] with subject: A-FIN Trainer
Documents submitted to include:
- CV for individual Trainer, or Company profile and CV for trainer in case Training company.
- Suggested Methodology to conduct subject assignment
- Financial offer in ILS, in comply with Palestinian Tax Law
- CV for individual consultant, or Company profile and CV for the consultant in case consulting company.
- Suggested Methodology to conduct subject assignment
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة المعهد المصرفي الفلسطيني