QADER for Community Development is a non-profit organization based in Bethlehem that has been operating in Palestine since in 2008. QADER is dedicated to promoting better well-being of persons with disabilities (PwD) in Palestine, through influencing public policies, developing capacities of relevant stakeholders, promoting public awareness and inclusive community practices, and enhancing economic inclusion of PwD.
Within its Economic Empowerment Program, QADER is implementing the “Prosperity & Advancement for Young Women and Youth with Disabilities (SALALEM)” project in partnership with Catholic Relief Services as the lead implementing organization and with the funding of Global Affairs Canada. “SALALEM” is an innovative, five-year project that focuses on improving the skills and professional networks of young women and youth with disabilities, enabling them to enter and remain in the labor market. This project further seeks to build support from key influencers in the home, workplace, and community, creating and enabling environment in which young women and youth with disabilities realize increased agency and self-reliance. Through SALALEM, these marginalized individuals in Gaza and the West Bank will become better prepared for jobs, with opportunities to contribute to the well-being of their families and communities. QADER is implementing the project in the West Bank and focusing on youth with disabilities.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Trainer (Skills Development Officer) is responsible for the planning and delivery of life skills and job-readiness skills trainings for youth with disabilities, and provide support to the project team in the implementation of the project activities. S/he shall follow and maintain best practices in the implementation of activities to ensure that the project results are delivered and achieved, and to contribute to enhancing the learning within the team and in the organization as a whole.
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver trainings on life skills and job-readiness, and ensure implementation schedules are met as per the detailed implementation plan (DIP), while maintaining adherence to QADER and CRS systems for quality project management.
- Conduct continuous review of the “Leadership Institute” Curriculum (on life skills and job-readiness) and propose the necessary adaptations that maximizes the benefits for youth with disabilities participants.
- Work closely with the M&E Officer on the preparation of M&E tools for the skills development activities.
- Provide support to the project team on areas related to labor market inclusion of PwD and economic empowerment, including communication, advocacy, preparation of position papers, policy papers, strengthening coalitions and networks, production of awareness materials, etc.
- Support the documentation of learnings and innovations promoted by QADER, CRS, partners and other actors in the area of economic empowerment (lessons learned, best practices, methodologies, approaches, success stories, etc.)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Minimum BA in a field related to the position.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, including at least 2 years of relevant training specific experience. Previous experience in training of PwD is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in livelihoods, youth economic empowerment. Experience in labor market inclusion of PwD is a plus.
- Experience in M&E, learning and knowledge sharing
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Proficiency in using MS Windows, MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
Interested candidates may apply, and submit their CVs/Resumes in addition to a Cover Letter (not less than 200 words, clarifying how your qualifications and personal specifications meet the job requirements) in PDF form, via QADER's online application form on the following link Trainer – Life Skills & Job-Readiness (Skills Development Officer)
Deadline for applying for this post is Sunday 04/10/2020.
“QADER is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with disabilities, women, and other underrepresented or minority populations are encouraged to apply and to seek QADER’s support on the application process where additional accommodation is required”
Should you need any support on the application process, please communicate with us via phone: 02-2749767