ActionAid is an international organization, working with over 25 million people in more than 40 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid Palestine is a part of the ActionAid International Federation and ActionAid Australia.
ActionAid is seeking a qualified person to fill the position of a Trainer for Global Platform – Youth Hub and Training Centre.
Duration: 12 months (extendable)
The post location: Bethlehem- Global Platform Palestine
Start Date: Immediately
Trainer’s key responsibilities:
- Contextualize and develop Trainings and Training Material within the specific thematic focus of GP Palestine.
- Co-train courses: Together with other colleagues from the Global Platform, the trainer will facilitate and conduct trainings, sessions and workshops for local youth at the Platform and at the local communities where ActionAid is implementing programs.
- Reporting: the trainer is required to develop end of training report and to demonstrate a good analysis of successes, challenges and opportunities.
- Research: The trainer is expected to always stay updated on new trends and development priorities at global level within the respective thematic focus and to demonstrate knowledge of local and national issues and priorities.
- Mapping host families and organizations suitable for interns and/or volunteers, then introduce and follow the intern/volunteers to work placement and host family after arrival.
- Conduct and coordinate visits for global contacts groups’ trainings.
- Creating and taking responsibility to build up and sustain the Global Platform: The trainer should, as part of the Global Platform team, take an active part in and play a central role in the continuous development and build-up process of Global Platform Palestine.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Eligible applicants are required to have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in International Development, Political Science, Global Studies, Sociology, International Relations, Cultural Studies or any related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in providing trainings in the field of Youth empowerment and leadership, citizenship, governance, advocacy, gender, Human Rights Based Approach.
- Demonstrated commitment to work with the youth and colleagues in an equal and respectful manner where shared learning is essential.
- Willingness to actively partake in the trainer team of the GP where supervising each other and stepping in for each other when needed is fundamental for the work.
Prepared and willing to work additional and flexible hours at crucial times.
Self-driven and able to motivate other colleagues and keep a high spirit in stressful situations.
- Fluent English language is required.
- Self-management, Efficiency, humility, Personal Development and a team player
Indicative salary range: ILS 58,646.00 to ILS 68,106.00 gross per annum
Interested candidates can apply to any of the above mentioned positions by sending an updated CV and Cover letter to [email protected] no later than 25 January 2020 and kindly include the job title in the subject line of your email “you will not be considered without putting this title in the subject line”.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Women are encouraged to apply.