Palestinian Organization for Development (POD) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent Organization, founded in the Middle governorate - Gaza Strip in 2000. POD works toward social-economic development to perform positive changes in the human life.
POD in partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) implements a program entitled “Envision Gaza 2020”, USAID-funded project, implementing two key activities: which aims: (1) to support Palestinian families in Gaza become more resilient to everyday stresses and rebound more quickly from crises, including COVID-19. (2) Connecting unemployed participants with on-the-job training opportunities with host employers. This includes 3-month unskilled or low-skilled workers placements and/or 4-month internships or apprenticeships for skilled university or vocational graduates, respectively.
As a result, POD intends to recruit for the following position:
Title: Trainer Field supervisor – Full Time.
Place: POD Office, Deir Al Balah
Period: 8 months
Reports to: Project Coordinator (PC)
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and implement the training according to the project timeline;
- Ensure that participants understand and implement training contents and acquired knowledge through regular and individual follow-up via regular check ins and field visits during their internship placements at workplace;
- Provide support and feedback to the Job Readiness trainees while preparing their personal and professional development plan and conducting their one-to-one meetings with their supervisors through the internship period;
- Provide support and advice to the Job Readiness trainees to strengthen and improve their employment skills;
- Contribute to Learning Events that are conducted at the end of any Cohort to discuss the successes, challenges, and identify adaptations to the curriculum to strengthen the approach for future cohorts. The trainer must participate in and contribute recommendations for strengthening the curriculum in the future;
- Contribute to the training evaluations analysis and reporting (pre-post test and end of training evaluations);
- Share learning, feedback, and recommendations to improve the training curriculum and methodologies to better meet the needs of future participants;
- Jointly assess the selection of the project beneficiaries with field monitors and project coordinators on middle area;
- Conduct joint on-the-field visits, interview, and select potential beneficiaries based on vulnerability criteria as defined by POD and CRS;
- Organize “orientation” sessions with selected beneficiaries to ensure their level of commitment and self-discipline as well as his/her willingness to grow with his/her activity throughout their internships;
- Plan and organize training timelines according to beneficiaries' availability at the workplace;
- Deliver basic management and complementary training (such as soft and job skills) to selected beneficiaries, including theoretical and practical classes, field visits, and post-field visits, according to the project methodology;
- Ensure that beneficiaries understand and implement training contents and acquired knowledge through regular and individual follow-up field visits, and mentorship visits during their internships;
- Develop and maintain good relationships with partner employers to facilitate training, and mentorship (at different levels, for collection of beneficiaries’ names, fees collection, etc.);
- Jointly implement and coordinate monthly activities with project teams and relevant stakeholders
- Identify and report success stories for communication purposes;
- Any other tasks assigned by the project coordinator.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in development, business administration, economics, sociology, or related field;
- Three years of professional experience in project management, preferably with experience in working with NGO's;
- At least two years of professional experience in delivering Life Skills and/or Job Readiness training in the Gaza context. Previous experience in delivering virtual training is a plus;
- High level of tutoring/training/instructing skills;
- Proficient in interactive and practical teaching methodology skills;
- Knowledge of livelihoods programming, with focus on income generating activities, internship, leadership, entrepreneurship and business development;
- Experience as personal / motivation coach/mentor, preferably with heterogeneous groups of people;
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel);
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team-oriented environment;
- Understand and work with local contexts (operational and cultural);
- Good writing and communications skills in both English and Arabic.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an online application:
Applicants have to sign in using their preferred Gmail account.
- Deadline for submitting applications, 04:00 PM, Saturday, February 18, 2023.
- Palestinian Organization for Development (POD) hiring, and employment procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Palestinian Organization for Development (POD) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, or disability status.
- Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply and to seek Palestinian Organization for Development (POD) support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.