The general purpose of this position is to act as the catalyst for information from international, regional and local markets and institutions to provide market intelligence, trade and industry statistics.
The Trade Information Officer shall provide support in market assessments and studies for PalTrade's members and PalTrade's staff in accomplishing their relevant duties.
Location: Ramallah with extended services to Gaza
Settings: Office with need to travel occasionally
Duration : 12 months with possibility of extension
Reports to : Market Intelligence Manager
- Assess, identify and utilize trade information resources locally and internationally.
- Assist in identifying target markets for Palestinian products and identifying trade opportunities for Palestinian products/companies.
- Collect and provide intelligence data on local and export target markets.
- Collect and provide information on local, regional, and international economic developments, market indicators, and trade data, and provide analytical reports.
- Disseminate trade information utilizing most appropriate tools.
- Respond to inquiries received from clients and staff and write the required reports (Market study, Market Pointer, Countries Profile, Pricing report and Tariff reports).
- Maintain and update the trade information on PalTrade's portal and the management information systems.
- Prepare and deliver periodic reports and presentations in both English and Arabic.
- Other duties as requested by the direct supervisor to ensure the efficient implementation of the department's role.
Relationships and Roles
- Collaborate with PalTrade's staff on needed information to perform their reports or events for target markets.
- Cooperate with PalTrade's members and non-members on needed information aiming to gain better access to information and business opportunities.
- Act as the focal point for trade-related information as indicators.
- Continuously disseminate information on new trends or new markets.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum 3 years experience in market research, market intelligence, and macroeconomic.
- Hands on experience in data analysis and dissemination.
- Experience in writing trade reports.
- University degree(B.A.) in Marketing, Business Administration and/or Economics.
- Knowledge of local business and industry, preferably through direct experience in the Palestinian private sector.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent research and computer skills.
- Proficiency in spoken and written Arabic and English.
- High level of initiative.
- Solid technical knowledge in trade information and dissemination.
- Excellent understanding of trade agreements, export procedures and ITC database
Interested candidates with relevant experience are encouraged to send their resume and cover letter (Both in English), along with the contact details of at least three professional references who can be contacted to email: [email protected]
All applications must be received no later than Wednesday , August 24th 2022 by 12:00 pm