Job Title: The Procurement/Office Manager
Location: West bank and Gaza
The Procurement/Office Manager (PO/OM) is responsible for leading all procurement efforts in WB and Gaza to efficiently and effectively enable the PCRF to maximize the value we receive from suppliers to meet our goals and objectives, as well as maintaining the main PCRF office by organizing and managing operations and procedures. The PO/OM will also work with each department to lead centralized direct and indirect sourcing and procurement efforts. This will include working with the internal stakeholder from initial need identification to final goods or service delivery to meet stakeholder needs. The process starts with demand management (via stakeholder management) that then drives supply analysis/strategy, supplier identification, sourcing execution (i.e., “tendering”), contract negotiation, delivery planning and monitoring, purchase execution, and then ongoing performance management and improvement.
The (PO/OM) is also responsible for the management and oversight of all procurement in the West Bank and Gaza including humanitarian programs, and signing vendor agreements for medical missions, special one-time projects and administration costs. Utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures, according to the PCRF Finance Manual, the Procurement Manager maintains records of all financial transactions from inception through completion and payment
Procurement Officer/Office Manager Responsibilities:
- Devising and using effective procurement and sourcing strategies;
- Managing and coordinating Huda Almasri pediatric cancer department’s procurement.
- Discovering profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships, and Identify potential suppliers, and customers, visit the existing suppliers and build and maintain good relationship with them.
- Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities;
- Giving presentations about market analysis and PCRF procurement manual
- Negotiating with external vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Keep contract files and using them as reference for the future;
- Negotiate and clear contracts and monitor their progress.
- Following and documenting all procurement procedures as per the organization’s policies and manual, and conduct research to ascertain the best products and supplies in terms of best values, delivery, schedules and quality.
- Review and prepare contacts for all procurement agreements;
- Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors;
- Keeping the main Ramallah office systems and procedures running and operating
- Supervising the office secretary
- Responsible for obtaining quotation and assessing budget before procuring;
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services and preparing and accurate processing of procurement;
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries;
- Responsible of generating regular procurement reports and feedback to management;
- Examine and test existing contracts;
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness;
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company;
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients;
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies;
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements;
- Control spending and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs;
- Perform periodic audits of humanitarian projects
- Ensuring suppliers are aware of organization’s humanitarian mission;
- Inform Senior Accountant of any accounting discrepancies and work to resolve
- Attending meetings and procurement related discussions
- Train and mentor other members of staff related to procurement.
- Acting as Logistical Officer for special projects including:
- Oversight of all procurement
- Oversight of tender process
- Preparation of all financial and narrative reports
- Supervision of civil works according to project documents
- Preparation of offer request or tender documentation for civil works and equipment, as required, according to the Italian Cooperation regulations.
- Oversight of procurement and tender processes, ensuring that VAT exemption is granted by the relevant authorities.
- Coordination with Hospitals and other beneficiaries for equipment procurement and rehabilitation work
- Monitoring of activities and participation in weekly meetings.
- Support Project Managers in the preparation of all financial and narrative reports.
- Translation of project documents and invoices from Arabic to English and vice versa, as required.
- BSc degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration;
- Three years working experience as an office manager and procurement manager or procurement officer in an NGO in Ramallah area, experience with procurement in Gaza is a plus.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market;
- Talent in negotiations and networking;
- Good knowledge of market;
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers;
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data;
- Strong leadership capabilities;
Can read, write and speak English;
Interested applicants should include:
- CV with three references.
-A cover letter explaining their suitability for the position.
-Please submit your application by e- mail to
by Nov 30, 2017