The Palestinian Electricity Transmission Ltd. (PETL) invites applications from eligible candidates for Technician position with the following details:
Technician (Ref. #: TEC/TD/ 2017-14)
# Of vacancies: 3
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the installation, replacement, and repair of distribution lines.
- Assists and performs minor electrical repairs.
- Perform all maintenance work.
- Uses all tools & equipment as necessary.
- Works unusual hours in emergencies and must be available on an on-call basis.
- Will be required to work frequently at a considerable height above the ground.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Electrical Diploma.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Valid driver's license.
- Availability for emergencies and on-call tasks.
Interested applicants please send a CV in English to
with the Reference # in the subject line, by 3:00 PM, Thursday, November 30, 2017. Application packages will be considered on a rolling basis. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.