The ICRC is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. It takes action in response to emergencies and at the same time promotes respect for international humanitarian law and its implementation in national law.
ICRC is looking for a motivated and committed candidate who will bring creative and different ideas, dedication and energy to join our team in Ramallah Office.
Position: Technical Worker / Housekeeper
Contract duration: Till the end of the year (including 3 months' probationary period)
Occupation rate: 100%
Starting Date: As soon as possible
REPAIRING AND MAINTAINING
- Efficient use for most of the equipment and basic hand tools in a safe way according to all
- Find the maintenance problems, evaluating the different solutions and managing the repairs.
- Assemble pipe sections, fittings for plumbing fixtures
- Perform routine facility inspection including electricity maintenance
- Ability to repair/maintain the manufactured products by hand
- Assist and supervising the skilled workers during their work in the ICRC premises.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the workplace
- Provide support for loading/off-loading and arrange materials/stocks
- Deliver goods to ICRC premises
- Messenger for ICRC ( mail distribution )
- Assist in cleaning ICRC vehicles when there is time.
- Provides cleaning/housekeeping services at ICRC premises.
- Informs his/her supervisor about any issues regarding the premises (materials needed to carry out duties, malfunctioning equipment, damaged furniture or premises, etc.).
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Primary school education and some vocational training required.
- Basic knowledge of English.
- Basic computer knowledge
- 3–4 year’s experience in an area of the manual/skilled worker
- Valid Driving License – Manual vehicles
- To be in good health with ability to work under pressure
- Preferably a resident of Ramallah
How to Apply, to be checked by HR
Interested applicants must submit a in English CV, a motivation letter, copy of educational and work certificates, by 23 July 2022 latest, to [email protected], indicating in the subject line: Technical Worker / Housekeeper_Application-Your name. Short list only will be communicated.
For more information about the ICRC and its activities in Israel & Occupied Territories please visit our following sites: https://www.icrc.org/en/where-we-work/middle-east/israel-and-occupied-territories https://blogs.icrc.org/ilot/