QADER is implementing “WE CARE” project in partnership with Caritas Germany and with the funding of the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). “WE CARE” is a 2-years project that aims at promoting responsive quality services and protection measures for persons with disabilities in Palestine.
WE CARE project has 3 main components as follow: enhancing quality of assessment and diagnostic services for children with intellectual disabilities; improving services and protection measures to effectively respond to violence and abuse against PwDs; and strengthening the monitoring of implementation of international human rights treaties and conventions related to PwD.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Technical Officer will provide guidance and technical support throughout the implementation of the project. S/he will lead the implementation of the project activities, ensure the achievement of key results, and enhance learning while adhering to program quality.
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the planning and implementation of project activities and ensure implementation schedules are met as per the detailed implementation plan (DIP), while maintaining adherence to QADER quality project management.
- Lead and Coordinate liaison with project partners and stakeholders, and ensure mobilization and involvement in the overall implementation and improvement of project activities.
- Lead and supervise advocacy activities, and social and behavior change communication.
- Lead the planning, design and implementation of research activities within the project, whenever possible, and prepare needed documents for contract external consultants / researcher.
- Lead the international advocacy activities in the project.
- Lead the planning and monitoring of trainings and capacity building activities to partners and other stakeholders.
- Lead the development of communication materials, advocacy, preparation of position papers, policy papers, strengthening coalitions and networks, production of awareness materials, etc.
- Support the documentation of learnings and innovations promoted by QADER, partners and other stakeholders in the area of disability rights and protection (lessons learned, best practices, methodologies, approaches, success stories, etc.).
- Lead the preparation of high-quality narrative reports and ensure accountability to QADER , Caritas and the BMZ.
- Work closely and effectively with QADER staff on areas of communications, marketing, operations, advocacy, and other areas as required, and ensure that program information is provided in a timely and consistent manner.
- Identify new initiatives and opportunities in coordination with QADER management;
- Promote collaboration and partnerships with local/regional/international organizations and actors in areas related to disability rights, protection, and advocacy.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in field related to human rights, social sciences, public policies, etc.
- At least 5 years working experience in development / humanitarian programs, with demonstrated experience in disability and women protection / advocacy / disability rights / research.
- Well-developed facilitation and training skills.
- High quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills. Ability to show initiative and work independently with limited oversight, as well as initiative and capacity to work as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
- Self-reliant, flexible and able to handle pressure.
- Sound computer skills (Ms applications)
Interested candidates may apply, and submit their CVs/Resumes in addition to a Cover Letter (not less than 200 words, clarifying how your qualifications and personal specifications meet the job requirements) in PDF form, via QADER's online application form on the following Link: Technical Officer. Deadline for applying for this post is Wednesday 02/12/2020, no later than 14:00 PM.
“QADER is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with disabilities, women, and other underrepresented or minority populations are encouraged to apply and to seek QADER’s support on the application process where additional accommodation is required”
Should you need any support on the application process, please communicate with us via phone: 02-2749767