Angular developer- internship program mentor
Google for startups & Gaza Sky Geeks internship program
Mercy corps /Gaza Sky Geeks is looking for a Technical mentor who specializes in Angular to support the Angular learning course for an upcoming internship with Google for startups.
Application start date: Sunday Dec 14, 2021
Application end date: Monday Dec 27, 2021
About the internship:
Google for Startups (GFS) program in collaboration with Gaza Sky Geeks, bringing together European startup founders, Palestinian technical developers, and Googlers to build MVPs for the incubated startups in GFS.
This program targets developers, who graduated recently from Gaza Sky Geeks code academy 6 months Bootcamp. These developers don't have prior knowledge of Angular, learn more about the program here
Your role will be to support developers through this Angular upskilling and project phase
- Understand the basics of Angular
- Clean Code with Angular
- Build a project in Angular that has testing and hits an external API
- Participants to complete this Thinkster.io course.
- Participants to complete this project assignment.
- 3 months of building MVPs with startups founders
- During the learning phase:
- Commits to meeting with mentees on a weekly basis to track their learning progress. No less than 2 hours per week and provide constructive feedback.
- Actively listens to mentees whenever needed, answer their questions, advice them whenever necessary
- Provides encouragement and assists the mentee in identifying their technical skills gaps and how to overcome them.
- During the project phase:
- Review developers' code on a weekly basis to ensure the codebase stays consistent and maintainable. No less than 1 hour per week
- Regularly follow up with the developers to answer their questions and support them in any technical difficulties related to angular.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- +2 years of experience in Angular framework and typescript.
- High-level knowledge of front-end interfaces.
- Previous experience and knowledge in code review best practices.
- previous experience working with MVP products would be a plus.
- Mentoring experience would be a plus.
- Be available for approximately 2 hours per week from January 01 2022 to July 01, 2022.
- Hourly rate: $25 per hour.
- Maximum paid hours 40 hours.
- You will be asked to fill in a timesheet for days worked, which will be signed off by the Talent matching program officer.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below