The Technical Hubs Coordinator will support APLA in the establishment on new technical hubs and enhance the functioning of the current ones as per its scope of work. The Technical Hubs Coordinator will be responsible of developing and implementing the technical hubs action plans with close coordination with APLA and (GIZ-LGRPII).
Founded in 1997, APLA is an independent organization mandated to represent and lobby for the collective interests of LAs by supporting capacity building among local governments, facilitating exchange of knowledge and best practices, and serving as vehicle for dialogue between the central government and LGUs.
The Local Governance Reform Programme of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ-LGRPII) is a programme that aims to enhance the local government unites (LGUs) performance, this will be done through capacity development and introduction of new tools, solutions, and methodologies, or further developing the current ones, eventually this will enhance the service delivery at the LGUs.
GIZ-LGRPII will focus on improving vertical and horizontal relations among the administrative tiers, including clear mandates and roles for local and national institutions. This is the only way to ensure an effective allocation of tasks among the different actors. Systematic exchange among local government units in thematic technical working groups (technical hubs) will advance the dissemination of solutions that have proved particularly successful in the Palestinian context. In addition, the technical hubs in collaboration with the Association of Palestinian Local Authorities (APLA) will enhance the active representation of local self-government and the interests of LGUs in dealings with central government.
- Support APLA in establishment and administration of three new technical hubs (Public Relations and communication, Innovation, and Village Councils).
- Support APLA in the enhancement of the functionality and administration of the current technical Hubs (Planning/ Engineering, Financial Management)
- Follow up the implementation of the technical hubs workshops, policy/position papers and mentoring sessions
- Coordinate and support the Hubs in developing and implementing their plans of action
- Support APLA in institutionalizing the technical hubs as partial activities of the Technical Support Unit mandated as APLA technical reform arm.
The Technical Hubs Coordinator will:
- Kick off meeting with LGRPII team, and APLA to clarify/compile the expectations of the assignment and its intended results.
- The Technical Hubs Coordinator shall review the Hubs Concept Paper and get familiarized with the concept and the functionality of the Hubs.
- The Technical Hubs Coordinator shall prepare the action plan based on the hubs kick-off meetings for the establishment/ implementation of the hubs in coordination with LGRPII technical team and hubs coordinators.
- The Technical Hubs Coordinator shall in coordination with LGRPII team formulate the hubs partners, he/ she shall prepare a list of municipalities for each technical hub, the list shall include the following: the municipality, the contact person, the contact information, and any other relevant information/ note.
- The Technical Hubs Coordinator shall implement the action plan jointly with LGRPII technical team and in full coordination with APLA and the relevant stakeholders.
- The Technical Hubs Coordinator shall do all what is needed to conduct the activities/events successfully, this includes: (the preparations prior to the activity, facilitation of meetings, Invitation packages, venue arrangements and other logistics, documentation, photos and reporting)
- Provide support to existing APLA’s members by answering incoming questions via chat, email and phone.
- Facilitate the exchange of knowledge and experience between APLA’s members.
- Execute effective techniques to drive and contribute to member’s satisfaction and maintain positive long-standing relationships.
- The Technical Hubs Coordinator will prepare the final report for the assignment, this report will include the results of tasks implementation; the report shall include the background, methodology, participation, accomplishments, challenges, lessons learnt and recommendations.
Technical Hubs Coordinator will work in APLA’S office to provide effective and efficient management of Technical Hubs.
The Technical Hubs Coordinator will report on a day to day basis to the Executive Director of APLA, And on regular basis to GIZ-LGRPII team
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and experiences:
- University degree in public administration, Business Administration, social policy, economics, politics and internal relations, or any other related fields.
- Experience in Event management and logistics arrangements.
- Very good command in English, Good writing and reporting skills.
- Experience in Local Government sector is a plus.
- At least 3 years working experience in similar assignments.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, to absorb complex information and present it to different audiences in a clear and accessible way.
- Interpersonal skills, to work and build relationships with a wide range of people holding different views.
- Ability to understand diverse perspectives and to be able to successfully influence and negotiate.
- Effective research and analytical skills (including quantitative and qualitative), needed to build an evidence base.
- Good organization skills, to track priorities, work to deadlines and manage projects.
- Flexible and adaptable approach, in order to respond to shifting priorities and a rapidly evolving external environment.
- Ability and desire to acquire and maintain knowledge of Local Government policies.
Place of the assignment
This assignment will be starting on the contract’s date of signature and ending up to 9 months.
Qualified candidates should send the most recent CV including Three professional contacts as references, and a cover letter detailing their interest and qualifications for this position to the following email addresses: [email protected]
GIZ-LGRPII team will be involved in all stages of the recruitment process.
Deadline for submitting applications: Wednesday, 28.8.2019.
Please indicate the position title (Technical Hubs Coordinator) in the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
APLA is an equal opportunities employer.