Technical Expert for Management of Non-Revenue Water in Southern West Bank Activity (MA’ONA)
Chemonics seeks Technical Experts for the anticipated USAID Management of Non-Revenue Water in Southern West Bank Activity. This activity will improve Palestinians’ access to safe, reliable, sustainable, and climate resilient water services through: 1) the development and strengthening of the institutional capacity of the Hebron, Halhul, and Dura water utilities for sustainable, reliable, and climate-resilient water delivery service; 2) the implementation of strategic infrastructure works to support the objective of the activity; 3) the design and implementation of innovative solutions to expand the use of smart water management technologies for efficient, timely, and transparent water management; and 4) the design and implementation of innovative measures and public awareness campaigns to promote effective water governance at the utility and foster social behavioral change toward more efficient and responsible water use practices and trends. Technical Experts will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of activities under one of four project technical objectives. This is expected to be a full-time position based in the West Bank.
- Provide technical leadership, oversight, and coordination of programmatic activities.
- Ensure technical excellence and innovation on the project.
- Supervise technical team, oversee implementation and ensure programmatic deliverable are achieved.
- Identify and problem solve challenges, affecting project implementation, develop strategies to solve problems, and work with the COP and USAID as needed to implement these strategies.
- Contribute to project work planning and reporting and achievement of contract deliverables.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders and partners to ensure activities are implemented according to approved workplans.
- Oversee and review technical products and deliverables.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, water resources management, hydrology, or another related field; advanced degree preferred.
- At least seven (7) years of technical experience working in a development context similar to the West Bank & Gaza on programs for water and wastewater operations, economic growth, and conservation of water resources.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with stakeholders, including the U.S. government, the Palestinian and Israeli governments, and representatives of community organizations, NGOs, and the private sector.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Strong interpersonal, managerial, and written communication skills.
- Professional proficiency in Arabic and English is required.
- Qualified applicants from Palestine highly encouraged to apply.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit an updated CV at the following link: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/09b93b1a6f5a4f148cefe083fe23c2cb by Friday, May 19, 2023. Candidates will be evaluated on a rolling basis.