Position: Technical Advisor to the Economic Empowerment Program
Reporting to: Director of Programs & Operations
Responsible for: Field Team Leader, Skills Development Officer, and Vocational Assessment Officer
Duration: 30 months, with possible extension
Expected Starting Date: July 2020
QADER for Community Development is a non-profit organization based in Bethlehem. Founded in 2008, QADER is dedicated to promoting better well-being of persons with disabilities (PwD) in Palestine, through influencing public policies, developing capacities of relevant stakeholders, promoting public awareness and disseminate information pertinent to PwD rights and issues, and enhance economic inclusion of PwD.
Within its Economic Empowerment Program, and with the support of DROSOS Foundation, QADER established the Entrepreneurship & Skills Development HUB as a consolidation of its expertise in this field towards supporting PwD to fulfil their rights and potentials to be economically productive. The HUB offers integrated services and opportunities for PwD to pursue their ambitions to join the labor market through various means. These services and opportunities include: business development services for entrepreneurs, employability and skills development for job seekers, support to talented PwD, and support PwD to work in online freelancing. In addition to that, the HUB shall focus on knowledge production in the area and labor/employment and disability through research and production of various materials.
QADER is recruiting a Technical Advisor (TA) to lead the Economic Empowerment Program and the HUB. Reporting to the Director of Programs & Operations, the Technical Advisor shall provide strategic and operational management and oversight to the Economic Empowerment Program, provide strategic guidance and support to the program staff, manage and supervise the program activities, ensure the achievement of key results, and enhance innovation and learning.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide ongoing supervision, leadership, support, guidance and mentorship to the HUB and the Economic Empowerment (EE) Program staff;
- Liaise and provide support to QADER and its partners on day-to-day matters, to ensure that the program is on track, achieving its objectives and is compliant with policies and procedures;
- Support oversight and compliance of donor/partner policies and requirements;
- Provide guidance and support for the planning, review and revision of annual project work plans, and comply with donors/partners agreements;
- Lead the preparation of high-quality narrative reports and ensure accountability to QADER donors/partners;
- Work closely and effectively with QADER staff on areas of communications, marketing, operations, advocacy, and other areas as required, and ensure they have program information in a timely and consistent manner;
- Prepare and maintain up-to-date situational analysis on the participation of PwD in the Palestinian labor market;
- Provide guidance to the EE program staff in the quantitative and qualitative assessment of results achieved in terms of the economic empowerment of PwD;
- Provide guidance in identifying and planning innovations related to the economic empowerment of PwD;
- Work effectively with counterpart and partner organizations, academic institutions, and other partners;
- Identify new initiatives and project opportunities, in coordination with QADER management;
- Promote collaboration and partnerships with local/regional/international organizations and actors in areas related to economic empowerment, inclusion of PwD into the labor market, entrepreneurship and innovation;
- Provide strategic support to QADER’s work in advocacy related to labor market inclusion of PwD and economic empowerment, including preparation of position papers, policy papers, strengthening coalitions and networks, production of awareness materials;
- Implement a training and coaching plan for partners and allies on various topics related to the economic empowerment of women and youth with disabilities (entrepreneurship, idea generation, business modeling, business planning, job market analysis, profitability analysis, marketing strategies, etc.);
- Provide guidance and support to documenting the learnings and innovations developed QADER and other actors in the area of economic empowerment (lessons learned, best practices, methodologies, approaches, success stories, etc.);
- Minimum BA in Business Administration, Economic Development, Social Sciences or other related field, Master’s degree is preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in senior position in areas related to this field
- Experience in managing projects/programmes, and in preparing / delivering training modules in areas such as economic empowerment, employability, entrepreneurship, and business innovation; previous experience in working / targeting PwD is a plus
- Experience in evaluating business ideas, business modeling, mentoring, and coaching of entrepreneurs to the requirements
- Experience in facilitating participatory and collaborative approaches to move teams towards results
- Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Knowledge sharing
- Experience in working with Results-Based Management tools
- Experience with project financial management
- A knowledge of economic empowerment programming
- Working knowledge of MS Office is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Interested candidates may apply, and submit their CVs/Resumes in addition to a Cover Letter (not less than 200 words, clarifying how your qualifications and personal specifications meet the job requirements) in PDF form, via QADER's online application form on the following link Technical Advisor
Deadline for applying for this post is Sunday 14/06/2020.
*** QADER is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages persons with disabilities to apply ***
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.