Position Title : Tech Training Assistant
Position Type : Regular, Full Time
Location : Mercy Corps Gaza Office
Duration : One Year with three months’ probation period
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Gaza Sky Geeks (GSG) is Gaza’s leading co-working space, tech education hub, and startup accelerator, run by Mercy Corps, a nonprofit international relief and development organization with programs in the occupied Palestinian territories since the 1980s. Mercy Corps founded GSG in partnership with Google.org in 2011. We bring together online freelancers, outsourcers, and startup founders together under one roof to share ideas, best practices, code, and build brighter futures through the power of the internet. Gaza Sky Geeks’ overarching goal is to build an internationally competitive technology ecosystem in Gaza through online freelancing, outsourcing, and startups.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Technical Training Assistant (Gaza) will support the Tech Community Coordinator and Skylancer Program Manager to ensure efficient implementation and management of technical training events and activities. The Assistant will ensure there is a sufficient pool of applicants for coding-based and other technical training at all times. The Assistant will also support with data collection and quality assurance of technical training as well as support planning and implementation of technical online courses for the www.skylanceronline.com.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead the Northern Gaza and West Bank Skylancer Academy technical training component, which includes but not limited to implementation, execution, supervision, monitoring, communication, coordination, evaluation, documentation and logistics of the various activities that comprise the technical training component and assuring a high quality of delivery.
- Foster the building and strengthening of the technical training community through community engagement activities and events (implementing sessions, clubs, hackathons and networking events etc) as well as through GSG’s virtual platforms.
- Continuous communication with the Technical Training mentors, oversee progress monitoring and data collection – this will include weekly check-in meetings to follow-up trainees’ progress and take corrective actions for those who are facing challenges.
- Continuous communication with participants, solving issues with a customer-service mindset.
- Provide input on mechanisms to develop the skills of programmers joining freelance programs and alumni.
- Lead technical training clubs implementation by supporting technical mentoring, participants’ registration, follow-up, mentor coordination, etc.
- Support in design and implementation of the Skylancer commercial arm – which includes but is not limited to recruiting tech talent, managing client relationships, drafting / signing contracts between GSG, developers and potential clients, preparing payments requests and other operational support.
- Support planning and implementation of technical online courses for the www.skylanceronline.com
- Coordinate with other GSG team members (e.g. communications, social media) to ensure that all external communications align with the technical training plan and done so in a way which maximizes reach and participation.
- Support in designing and implementing Freelance Bootcamps and Hackathons in Palestine.
- Work closely with the GSG Community and Mentorship teams in order to deliver tech-skills building events and activities to the broader GSG community.
- Other day-to-day assignments and tasks that might be required.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: SkyLancer Program Manager
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH:
GSG SkyLancer team, Tech Community Coordinator, other GSG and MC Team members in Palestine
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Team members, service contractors, volunteers, and interns are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills
- University degree in ICT, Science, engineering, business, English or any other related field, with a demonstrated record of interest and contemporary knowledge in It industry field and community work.
- At least 2 years of proven work experience in a professional team-oriented environment.
- Strong understanding of the social, political, and economic context of the Gaza Strip.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in both English and Arabic.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Slack, Google products (Drive, Sheets, Docs). GSG does not use email internally. We use Slack.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours as required;
- Ability to work in a flat, fast paced environment with others who are passionate about supporting Gaza’s technology ecosystem.
- Comfort with uncertainty and change—GSG is a small program but growing rapidly. Just like our program, we seek staff who are adaptable and pitch in on what needs to be done.
- Strong listening abilities in order to understand the needs of Gaza’s freelancing community and
GSG’s tech community.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Positive attitude and passion for your work.
- Proactive, get-stuff-done mentality that always prioritizes outcomes, not just inputs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Excellent time and organizational management skills.
- Up to date knowledge of technical and industry developments.
- Excellent ability to work under pressure and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Has experience related to Training Field, either as an organizer or a Trainer, being An alumni of GSG technical training is a plus
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.