Tech Community Coordinator – Ramallah West Bank with frequent travel
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Mercy Corps (MC) is a non-profit, non-aligned, secular non-governmental (NGO) humanitarian relief and development organization, registered in the United States and Scotland with offices in more than 40 countries around the world, including the West Bank and Gaza, where the organization has been active in implementing humanitarian and development programs for more than a decade. Mercy Corps Palestine has staff based in East Jerusalem, Ramallah, Gaza City, and Khan Younis offices that implement programs throughout the Palestinian territories.
The Operations Department, including Human Resources, Procurement, Administration, and Security, provides crucial support to enable the effective implementation of all MC programs. It ensures that all MC activities follow MC Global and National policies and procedures and are in compliance with donor rules. It also ensures staff can complete their jobs in a safe, secure, and supportive manner with clear responsibilities and rules.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
As Tech Community Coordinator, your role is to curate a creative, welcoming, innovative environment for WB’s emerging tech community to share ideas, learn, and expand.
You will help build the capacity of GSG’s tech community by engaging new members, as well as deepening connections between members. and providing them with different activities, events and opportunities to enhance their skills and connections. In addition to supporting management and engagement of the broader GSG community and alumni, you will be directly supporting community efforts to grow and expand in WB.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support the implementation of programs opening in WB such as Technical training ,FLA,Code Academy . work closely on Alumni technical support following graduation.
- Work closely with the WB community team, technical community in Gaza and mentorship program utilizing our international network of mentors in order to tackle the needs of WB tech community building efforts.
- Work closely with the community management group to strategically plan and define the overall objectives for building a thriving tech community in WB
- Coordinate with other GSG team members (e.g. communications, community management) to ensure community building priorities are represented in overall strategy and execution
- Lead rollout of new communication tools, forums (online and offline), and creative ‘boot strappy’ ways to increase peer-to-peer engagement and fun within the entire WB and Gaza tech community
- Take an active role in growing and nurturing the GSG tech community by shaping outreach strategies and internal networking events, identifying tech topics, potential local mentors and delivering tech sessions where needed.
- Implement activities such as meetups and events to bring new talents and more advanced talent into the GSG community, and help it to grow in WB
- Work closely and regularly with WB community, GSG WB Alumni, WB GSG Partners to build technical community in WB
- Work on a robust tech events/workshops plan to shed the lights on new tech trends such as AI, Machine learning, Block chain, VR ...etc.
- Directly support the GSG programs with activities related to meetups, outreach, and events that bring new technologies.
- Creating a strategy that assures the growth of tech community in WB
- Help community members connect and build professional networks within our GSG community
- Continuously assessing and collecting the tech needs of the WB community, throughout outreach events, focus groups ...etc.
- Work with WB community team on expansion plans to new geographic areas
- Other duties as assigned. Work beyond office hours may be required, without additional compensation.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Partnerships and community Senior Officer
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: WB community coordinator, Tech Community Coordinator, Community Group, Community team, MC procurement and finance department.
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Team members, service contractors, volunteers, and interns are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualification and Success Factors
- University degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology or any other related field.
- +2 years of work experience in a relevant field.
- Up to date knowledge of technical and IT industry developments.
- Having experience working in Data Science, AI field and block chain development is a plus
- Understanding the differences between the social, political, and economic contexts of Palestinian communities, and a talent for communications with people across all levels of society.
- Strong Communication and language skills, spoken and written in both languages Arabic and English
- Exposure to the WB tech ecosystem players, having technical people network is a plus
- Organizational Skills, this person must have experience running activities or events
- Proactive, practical that always prioritizes outcomes, not just inputs
- Excellent ability to work under pressure and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to move around in the West Bank to run and organize sessions and events
- Great interpersonal skills, presentation skills, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Ability to present MC-GSG in the ecosystem and to community members
- Strong listening skills, open to criticism and feedback
- Quick learner—GSG is a small program but growing rapidly. Just like our program, we seek staff who are adaptable and pitch in on what needs to be done.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours as required
- Proficiency in MS Office, Slack, Google products (Drive, Sheets, Docs).
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct e-learning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
If you are interested in this position, you are encouraged to submit a resume and a cover letter in English. The cover letter should address the listed responsibilities and how this position aligns with your skills and your career goals.
Please send your resume and your cover letter to this e-mail [email protected] no later than February, 4th, 2021 midnight. Please state your name and the position title in the e-mail subject.
All Applicants are responsible for complying with Mercy Corps Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policies