The SDGs’ Localization Coordinator will be responsible for all management activities related to APLA’s SDGs’ localization work, including design of the SDGs’ localizations plan and training and awareness raising and reporting. The SDGs’ Localization Coordinator will work on all advocacy-related activities emerging form the SDGs localization.
The SDGs’ Localization Coordinator will lead the revision and finalization of the SDGs’ Localization policy at APLA, also revision, implementation, and re-assessment of the SDGs’ Localization action plan to ensure its compliance and alignment with the next APLA’s Strategic Plan and make them realistic and achievable. The SDGs’ Localization Coordinator will also serve as a reference for the mainstreaming of all activities related to the SDGs’ Localization.
Founded in 1997, APLA is an independent organization mandated to represent and lobby for the collective interests of Local Government Units (LGUs) by supporting capacity building among local governments, facilitating exchange of knowledge and best practices, and serving as vehicle for dialogue between the central government and LGUs.
APLA is implementing the project (APLA’s Multiannual Action Plan - MAAP 2021-2025). MAAP is designed to strengthen LGUs collaborations on service delivery and local participatory development, and improve contributions to territorial integration, particularly in Area C. in addition, APLA signed a grant agreement with the Belgian Development Agency - Enabel under the framework of “Local Government Reform and Development Programme – Phase 2, Addendum PZA 1303311” through the action (Supporting the Localization of SDGs).
The general objective of the action is: Local Government Units - LGUs become key actors in addressing the global environmental challenges through LGUs cooperation in different strategic areas, and the specific objective is: Strengthen LGUs collaboration on service delivery and local participatory development and increase their contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals - SDGs at the local level with special focus on the environment and climate change priorities.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Accordingly, APLA is looking forward to hiring a SDGs’ Localization Coordinator to fulfill the following tasks:
The SDGs’ Localization Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Build and coordinate an overall strategy for APLA’s work related to the SDGs, National Policy Agenda (NPA), National Urban Policy (NUP) and the LG sector Strategy interventions that are directly linked to the sustainable development and engagement of the 2030 agenda and any other relevant global agendas.
- Provide policy support for the design and implementation of suitable project activities and knowledge based on SDGs through:
- Writing policy and project proposals
- Drafting high level correspondence
- Preparing briefs and presentations
- Participating in and undertaking research projects, publications management, and relevant committees.
- Developing and fundraising for the implementing of programs and campaigns contribute to the achievement of the 2030 agenda.
- Identify potential funding prospects, draft letters of inquiry and concept notes, write grant applications
- Build and manage relationships with stakeholders and program partners.
- Develop program materials based on the linkage with the sector strategy, the NPA and the 2030 SDGs.
- Develop and implement trainings, capacity-building activities, communication, policy dialogue and other outreach programs based on the relevant SDGs.
- Monitoring & evaluation of APLA’s programs linkage with the 2030 SDGs.
- Organize SDGs activities such as workshops, online discussions and educational initiatives.
- Keeping APLA members updated on SDGs 2030 agenda through the website, presentations, activities, social media and traditional media.
- Liaise with key APLA partners including development partners, civil society, and private sector for developing effective awareness and advocacy for the SDGs.
- Support other stakeholders in mainstreaming the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development within the work of the local authorities including training the local authorities on SDGs Localization planning and the translation of the SDGs at the LAs level.
- Work closely with the Policy Coordinator and Technical Support Unit Manager.
- Develop awareness campaigns and materials to increase awareness of the SDGs
- Follow up the design and development of the SDGs web portal in Palestine. Manage and update the SDGs portal content.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports for APLA and for other partners.
The SDGs’ Localization Coordinator will work in APLA’s office in Ramallah, to provide effective and efficient management of APLAs SDGs related work. The SDGs’ Localization Coordinator will report on a day-to-day basis to the Technical Support Unit Manager.
Qualifications and experiences:
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Local Government, Community Development, or other related studies. Preferred Minor in Sustainable development and human rights studies. Master’s degree is preferred.
- At least 5 years working experience in similar field. Governmental sector is preferred.
- - Excellent knowledge in Ms. Office (word, excel, power point, outlook).
- - Fluent in both Arabic and English.
- - Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- - Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- - Strong understanding of local government sector policies and advocacy.
Qualified candidates should send the most recent resume, including three professional references, and a cover letter detailing their interest for this position to the email address: [email protected] , indicating the position title (SDGs’ Localization Coordinator) in the email subject line.
Deadline for submitting resumes with cover letters: Sunday, 12/02/2023.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
“APLA is an equal opportunities employer”