Surge support to project implementation – Short term assignment
Terre des hommes (Tdh) Palestine delegation is seeking to contract a professional that display the human, ethical and technical capacities to provide comprehensive support to Tdh project implementation.
- Organization and Context background information
Created in 1960, the Foundation of Terre des hommes Lausanne (Tdh) mission is to defend and promote the rights of children, in humanitarian as well as development contexts. Tdh implements projects and programs in more than 40 countries, including Palestine, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt and Syria. Over the last fifty years, Terre des hommes has developed several programmes, in two core areas: healthcare and child protection. Every year, Tdh offers sustainable solutions and a better future for over one million children and their relatives by focusing on two levels:
- through field intervention worldwide for children, whereby projects are carried out under our own management or in partnership with local organizations;
- as an ambassador for children’s rights in Switzerland and throughout the world, through advocacy campaigns that promote the fundamental rights of children as contained in the Convention on the Rights of the Child adopted by the UN in 1989.
Tdh Palestine accumulates over 40 years of presence and experience in country, currently present in the Jerusalem, West Bank and the Gaza Strip. The delegation operates humanitarian and development child protection programmes. Particularly, in 2010 the Access to Justice Programme was established. It aims at contributing to develop and to improve justice systems by enhancing the restorative approach and in particular by promoting alternatives to trials, detention and specialized custodial care for children, better prevention and reintegration, and synergies in contexts of legal pluralism. Tdh’s strategic plan creates a comprehensive framework for action that combines axes on operations, advocacy, research and quality and accountability, with a view to creating lasting and meaningful change in the lives of children in contact and in conflict with the law.
- Objective and deliverables of the assignment
Under the direct supervision of the Country Representative and with the support of the Regional Access to Justice Coordinator, the professional will provide support to Tdh Palestine team in the overall management of the project “Gender Justice to End Violence Against Women and Girls” funded by UN WOMEN – UN Trust Fund to End Violence Against Women and Girls. In this particular project, Tdh is partnering with the Palestinian organization Women’s Affair Technical Committee (WATC). Targeted West Bank communities in the project are the following: Tulkarem (Atteel, Quffin); Jenin (Zbubah, Rumanneh); Bethlehem (Beit Fajjar, Diheisheh Refugee Camp) and Ramallah (Qalandia Village, Qalandia Refugee Camp).
The assignment will include, but not limited to:
- Draft project documents as per Tdh Project Management Rules and regularly update the Project Follow Up documents (Tdh project cycle management guidelines);
- Work with the national partner WATC to provide day to day support in the technical and operational management of the project activities, ensuring compliance with the project logframe approved;
- Provide on-going monitoring of the project implementation in the field and report to the supervisors;
- Write the project progress reports in English;
- Work on any other tasks in support of the program and support departments as required by the supervisor.
- With the support of the supervisors, draft technical documents related to the project implementation (pagers, project description, etc).
- Facilitate field visits for internal Tdh staff and external stakeholders whenever it is required by the supervisor.
- Attend regular meetings with the project partner staff and represent Tdh in external meetings relevant for the project when delegated by the supervisor.
- Key deliverables
The following deliverables are expected from this assignment:
- Drafting of all project documents as per Tdh Project Management rules;
- Project Follow Up (PFU) documents drafted and updated on a monthly basis;
- Weekly monitoring visits to the partner and to the field sites where the project is being implemented and monitoring visits report submitted to the supervisor;
- Capacity building plan and coaching to the partner staff;
- Conduct weekly meetings with the partner and provide technical and operational support to the partner for the implementation of activities;
- Draft the project pager and any other communication materials with the support of the Regional Communication Coordinator;
- Regular attendance to internal and external meeting as agreed with and delegated by the supervisor;
- Write progress and final reports for the project.
Note: All items described in the deliverables above should be in English language.
- Timeframe and Remuneration
The short-term assignment is expected to be carried within a period between 1st of October – 30th November 2019.
The total number of days of this assignment is 16 days over a period of 2 months. The professional is expected to work average 2 days per week. Tdh will pay a total amount of 7000 ILS for the entire assignment. This amount is exclusive of taxes and insurances. Travel expenses will be covered by Tdh against transportation justification documents submitted by the professional.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Requirements for the expert
The professional should meet the following conditions, qualifications and experience:
- Knowledge and experience of working with INGOs in Palestine or in Middle East countries with strong understanding of social and protection issues;
- Experience with project cycle management;
- Ability to analyse and present the work result and deliverables;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Arabic;
- Ability to manage the available time and resources and to work to tight deadlines;
- Available for the whole period of the consultancy, according to the timeframe set above;
- Thorough knowledge of issues related to gender justice and access to justice for children and youth.
The application should contain a CV and a Cover letter sent to [email protected] no later than August 31, 2019.
The professional must sign the Terre des hommes Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct and be willing to adhere to its principles and expected practices. If a breach of the policy or code of conduct takes place the short-term assignment will be terminated immediately without any financial burden on Tdh.
- Disclaimer on copyright, data protection
All documents, project designs, drawings, data and information shall be treated as confidential and shall not without the written approval of Tdh be made available to any third party. In addition, the consultant(s) formally undertakes not to disclose any parts of the confidential information and shall not, without the written approval of Tdh be made available to any third party. All the documents containing both raw data/materials provided by Tdh, both soft and hard copies are to be returned to Tdh upon completion of the assignment. All documentation and reports written as, and as a result of the assignment or otherwise related to it, shall remain the property of Tdh.
The professional will work under the supervision of the Country Representative and the technical supervision of the Regional Access to Justice Coordinator.