Under the direct supervision of the Procurement Officer and under the guidance from the Head of Support Services, the Support Services Senior Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support in the management of a variety of procurement, administration, travel, Logistics and general support.
- Procurement Support
- Administrative Support Services
- Travel and general support
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Provides a variety of specialized and non-specialized transactional support services, ensuring consistency and quality of work steps completed, as well as optimal information flow:
● Assist in drafting bidding documents, evaluation reports and contract award submissions, ensuring consistency in format and content.
● Process procurement transactions in UNOPS’ corporate system OneUNOPS;
● Assist in the preparation of Purchase Orders, Contracts, LTAs or their Amendments.
● Process invoices for goods and services delivered ensuring accuracy and completeness of documentation and timely payment. Follow up to completion and inform clients.
● Monitor expenditures against allocations.
● Receive, review, log and route incoming communication and procurement requests/invoices.
● Prepare reports, tables, charts etc. applying technical skills and knowledge in formatting and presentations.
● Prepare Statistics and reports, including on Procurement volume.
● Undertake routine follow up action on procurement on behalf of the supervisor;
● Publish procurement advertisements and awards.
● Maintain status reports on procurement activities and work in progress.
2. Administrative Support
● Provides administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
● Compiles information for periodic audits.
● Petty cash management.
● Maintains unit’s documentation including records and files, ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials
3. Travel and general support
- Processes travel transactions (authorizations and claims) including in OneUNOPS system,
requests for visas, identity cards and other documents for all personnel, UN officials, and
visitors, ensuring compliance with UN rules and regulations.
- Provides information on air services, rates and travel schedules for specific itineraries.
Processes travel claims in OneUNOPS and purchase orders for travel activities, payments,
- Prepares documentation for security clearances, processes hotel reservations, organizes
airport pickups , hospitality, protocol, customs and immigration support for visiting UN officials as necessary4. Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Undertake routine follow up action on procurement and administration QA or Knowledge Management issues on behalf of the supervisor and inform supervisor of status.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- First University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources Management or equivalent disciplines is desirable but not required
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in support services in national or international public or corporate organizations.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing countries.
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Applications from women are encouraged.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office) and experience in handling of web-based management systems is required.
Experience in use of Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS is desirable
- Fluent command of written & spoken Arabic
- Full working knowledge of English is required.
- Knowledge of a second UN or regional working language is an asset.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة