The Opportunity – Supply Chain Officer
"Rolling Basis Recruitment"
Post location: oPt West Bank Field Office – Ramallah
Contract Duration and Level of Effort: 2 years and renewed based on the availability of funds, Full-time Position.
This role of this position is to lead the Supply Chain function in the field office according to SCI policies and procedures in close technical coordination with the Supply Chain in the CO. This position is responsible for ensuring the best value for money in all the supply chain pillars and effective supply chain support to program implementation and field office operations according to the threshold of the SoD of the FO and maintaining compliance with record-keeping and reporting as per the system requirements.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: WB Field Office Manager
Dotted Line (Technical/Functional Lead): Supply Chain Manager
The oPt CO operates in a highly complex context with multi-member interests. The CO has an annual budget of around $12m, and approximately 70 staff. The CO works in the West Bank and Gaza through two field offices, in addition to the main country office in Ramallah.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
KEY AREA 1: Supply Chain Planning
- Responsible for creating a consolidated live master procurement plan related to the FO programs and ensuring reviewing the plan with the Program Managers on regular basis.
- Responsible for updating the sourcing pipeline for the FO accordingly and reconciling the needed sourcing projects with the existing Framework Agreements.
- Assist the FOM to identify needed requirements including budget and resources and pricing activities as needed for the proposal development processes.
- Contribute to the development and implementation QA program for the function in the field office.
- With coordination with the CO Supply chain team, assess the Partner’s Procurement capacity through participation in the partner’s assessment process.
- Participate in the awards kick-off meetings and ensure providing the staff and partner’s staff with the procurement session.
- Contribute to maintaining green KPIs for FO to meet the programms month forecastsPI01 and KPI02.
- Responsible for maintaining green procurement KPIs for FO KPI05 and KPI06.
- Contribute to contingency planning and working closely with the CO supply chain to ensure the FO is meeting early and advance preparedness actions.
- Lead all procurement (formal quotation processes) in appropriate consultation with CO Supply Chain. And under the direction of the CO supply chain all FO strategic procurement and all 100,000 US$+ biddings, contribute to the process as per the directions of the supply chain lead (CO).
Key Area 2: Procurement Management
- Ensure proper supplier registration and qualification process on ProSave system.
- Ensure Suppliers are managed professionally, impartially and with no appearance of impropriety, and that fair/transparent purchasing decisions are made.
- Create the needed sourcing projects and sourcing events on ProSave and lead the procurement processes according to SCI procurement manual and procedures and based on the outcomes of the sourcing pipeline.
- Ensure all procurement principles (transparency, accountability, equal treatment and non-discrimination, best value for money, and proportionality) are fully applied and respected in all the procurement processes at the FO level.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, equal opportunities, and other relevant policies.
- Ensure quality documentation and quality standards are met for all procurement processes at the FO.
- Responsible to facilitate the roles between the procurement committee members and the creation of the CBA, BAF, Contracts, Framework agreements, and catalogs using SCI standard forms and templates.
- Lead the negotiation processes with the bidders for achieving the best value for money.
- Follow up on the proper receive for the goods and services and for TiM-related transactions.
- Responsible to publish and upload the contracts and Framework Agreements on ProSave.
- Proactively engage with project partners, and other non-governmental organizations in coordination with SCI programme staff to organize, and schedule distribution of goods and materials as well as to ensure adequate information sharing, address common concerns/problems and seek solutions.
- Collect and create invoices on ProSave for the received goods and services.
- In collaboration with the Finance team, ensure that the Suppliers are paid based on the agreed payment terms and lead time.
- Prepare and follow up on the zero VAT exemptions requests related to the FO procurement activities in addition to partners’ requests.
- Contribute to the management of complex procurement processes like CVA and construction projects and comply with the roles based on the related specialized manual and SOPs.
Key Area 3: Assets Management:
- Responsible to maintain updated Assets register to the FO.
- Ensure that the assets are well tracked and get the serial reference number and label.
- Responsible to update the assets register regularly, whenever transfers, disposal, changes in condition and procurement take place with details of that transfer, disposal etc.
- Leading the physical verification of asset register every year to verify that the Fixed Assets are in place and their condition.
- Lead and document the sale/ donations processes of surplus or redundant Assets and ensure AMU obtained relevant approvals .
Key Area 4: Supply Chain Childsafgarding
- Ensure all suppliers are trained on CSG and in compliance in the FOs procurements and business interaction.
Ready to work to respond to any natural disaster or emergency situation anywhere in oPt
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Holder of a Supply Chain (logistics) university degree or related business degree from a recognized university.
- At least 3+ years prior INGO experience in Supply Chain and/or operational management, within a complex/large scale country programmer and in emergency response/humanitarian environments.
- Substantial experience in all technical areas of Supply Chain operations including procurement, logistics, transport/distribution, warehousing and stock management, fleet management, asset management,
- Experience of developing / implementing a complex international supply chain to support different types of programmers, and coordinating resources to meet the programmer objectives
- Experience of working in remote field bases with limited infrastructure
- Ability to synthesize and analyses complex information, and make clear, informed decisions
- Experience of advising and supporting others at all levels with supply chain aspects of a programmer, including strategic thinking, planning & donor relations
- Ability to build positive & productive relationships quickly with a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English & Arabic with experience in managing multicultural teams
- Previous experience/exposure to automated systems for procurements.
- Experience in West Bank, Gaza, and Israeli markets,
- Advance computer application skills
- Managing complex supply chain operations in volatile security conditions.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Delivering Results
Takes personal responsibility and holds others accountable for delivering our ambitious goals for children, continually improving their own performance or that of the team/ organisation.
Level required: Leading Edge
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organisation.
Level required: Leading Edge
- Applying Technical & Professional Expertise
Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organisation.
Level required: Accomplished
- Working Effectively with Others
Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead, when to follow, and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
Save the Children promotes a diverse and inclusive work environment, women and people with different abilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save the Children works in development and humanitarian contexts with children and partners to help families, communities, and governments identify and use innovations to ensure all children survive, learn and are protected.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة