MÉDICOS DEL MUNDO – SPAIN
Needs to fill the position of:
Supply Officer - Gaza
Job Title: Supply Officer (Full time contract)
Job Location: Gaza City
Deadline: October 31, 2022
Médicos del Mundo-Spain (MdM-S), is an international humanitarian organization, working to make effective the Universal Right to Health. MdM is a non-profitable, non-governmental, non-political and non-confessional organization operating under the principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence.
MdM-S has been working in the oPt since 2006. Its work has been oriented to Mental Health and Psychosocial support (MHPSS), and Primary Healthcare. In the Gaza Strip, MdM-S strategy aims the improvement of mental health and wellbeing of children and adolescents. This intervention is focused on the strengthening of governmental children and adolescent’s mental health services, and community organizations working with children and adolescents through a capacity building approach. This includes training activities and materials and equipment’s provision.
He/she will support in providing logistics support to the team of Gaza team in coordination with MdM-Spain Base Log. in Gaza Base. Alignment with MdM values and policies is mandatory.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
The position will be based in Gaza City, with possible visits to West bank.
Direct supervision of Gaza Base Log. with a functional link to Base Admin and Finance Officer.
- Assist the Base Log. in planning and executing tenders and purchase orders.
- Disseminate tenders or quotes to suppliers & Collect tenders from vendors and follow up on submission deadlines.
- Assist the PLO and Technical team in preparing procurement plans all MdM activities and ensure timely approval and execution of such plans.
- Execute and coordinate day-to-day procurement activities for acquisition of goods, services, and works, encompassing but not limited to verifying technical specifications or terms of reference, preparing letters of invitation/requests for quotations, overseeing evaluation processes, drafting evaluation reports, contracts, and minutes of contract negotiations, and ensuring all procurements are carried out in accordance with procurement regulations and the conditions of the grant and implementation agreements.
- Assist in bid advertising, correspondence, bid receipt, and bid opening for all procurement processes, strictly in accordance with best procurement practices, and MdM and/or donor’s policies and procedures.
- Update and maintain accurate supplier and agreements database.
- Provide contract administration services, including arranging for proper inspection, ensuring compliance with terms and conditions of contracts, assisting with contract amendments, and support on transferring the selection of awarded entities during completion of works and delivery of goods.
- Monitor and report on procurement implementation status and progress of ongoing contracts execution.
- Maintain proper procurement and contract performance management files for management oversight and audit trail.
- Any other tasks as requested by the line manager and the technical functional link.
- Assist in updating the MdM-Spain base in Gaza asset database.
- Register new procured items in Gaza base on the asset database.
- Conduct annual inventory count for the base assets & random checks for assets as well.
- Update MdM-Spain Gaza base asset database regularly.
Equipment, means of communication and fleet of vehicles:
- Supervise allocation and use of equipment.
- Ensure installation, maintenance and repairs of the equipment.
- Update the equipment list of the Gaza office base.
- Supervise the management of the fleet of vehicles: maintenance, daily planning, price fluctuations, administration (insurance, documents); with the support from Gaza driver.
- Elaborate and analyse the monthly logistics reports including stock reports, cost of vehicles and activity report; purchase tracker, contract fallow up, equipment list.
- Send the monthly report to the field manager.
- Liaise with Gaza Base Log, & Field Manager in Gaza, General Coordinator and Admin/Finance Officer
- To respect MdM ethics, principles and regulations as well as the dignity of the beneficiaries.
- Strict compliance with the safety protocols established by Médicos del Mundo.
- To respect each team member’s position and hierarchical links.
- To work as part of a team and participate in different activities.
- Demonstrate motivation at work.
- Willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating in capacity building activities.
- Ability to accept feedback and willingness to improve own capacities.
- Contribute to generate a positive work environment.
- To report any breach of the MdM-S Code of Conduct.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or other related fields.
Fluent speaking and writing English, native Arabic.
Computer requirements: Competency in Microsoft Office Environment.
The successful candidate must have:
- Minimum 3 years of progressively experience in logistic field related position.
- Experience working with INGOs is highly desirable.
- Ability to work quickly, under pressure, and with short deadlines.
- Ability to manage emergency situations and remain calm.
- Necessity to manage priorities and to adapt them daily according to the context.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and environment.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to listen and share decisions.
- Alignment with principles and ethics of MdM Spain.
AVAILABILITY & DURATION
Incorporation date: Subject to funding.
Type of contract: Full time contract.
Duration of the contract: 12 months including 3 months' probation period, with a possibility of extension based on performance and fund availability.
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts will apply.
The compensation package total is from 56,796 ILS to 65020 ILS gross / year divided in 12 payments and based on experience. In addition, MdM Spain covers a transportation allowance for the staff.
People interested in the position must send their resume or CV with 2 references in English to [email protected] before October 31, 2022
Please indicate in the email subject the job title: Supplies Officer
Applications that fail to abide by the Submission guidelines will not be considered.
MdM Spain will contact only pre-selected candidates by email. Applications unanswered within 15 days after deadline must be considered dismissed.
“Medicos del Mundo stands for equal opportunities for everyone. We establish positive action measures for those who, due to functional or social diversity and/or cultural exclusion, belong to groups that are underrepresented in the positions we offer. Therefore, no candidate with a valid profile will be rejected for functional diversity or for being culturally or socially excluded due to birth, ethnicity, sex, gender or any other personal, social, or cultural condition”.