Supermarket General Manager – East Jerusalem ِArea
وظيفة مدير عام سوبرماركت كبير- منطقة القدس
A large Supermarket in a busy Centre in East Jerusalem is announcing for a new senior vacancy of Supermarket General Manager. The preferred candidate would be capable of taking an already successful business to the next level and would bring with him a proven ability to manage at a senior level controlling a large supermarket and a large team of staff. Ideal requirements of the candidate and responsibilities would be as follow:
The followings are the duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing all the activities that play out in the supermarket.
- Strong buyer and price negotiator with chain suppliers and producers.
- Be at the center of top quality service delivery to the customers.
- Spend most of his time on the supermarket floor than in the office.
- Develop and communicate new ideas on how to move the supermarket forward.
- Required to work on weekends and to put longer hours on weekdays.
- Improve profit and attain sales target of the supermarket.
- Deal with all complaints, queries, and other related customer service issues.
- Recruit and interview new staff for the supermarket.
- Organize training, orientation, and supervise all departmental managers.
- Organize work shifts and holidays.
- Oversee receiving orders and stock control.
- Assign and schedule tasks for specific employees and also follow up on the results they generate.
- Complete all the operational requirements of the store.
- Appraise, monitor, and plan tasks to be given to individual staff members.
- Discipline, counsel, and coach employees to maintain positive result generation.
- Initiate corrective actions, analyze variance, schedule expenditure, and prepare annual budget aside achieving other financial objectives of the organization.
- Recognize future and present requirements by customers.
- Establish good rapport with existing and potential customers.
- Collaborate with other members of staff that have good understanding about service requirements
- Maintain inventories and approve contracts to ensure consistent availability of the required services and merchandise[Just-in-Time].
- Study trends, authorize clearance sales and also determine all required sales promotions
- Review merchandising by formulating pricing policies
- Identify profitability ratio by studying financial statements and operating statements as well as valuate and coordinate products prices.
- Sales and Marketing: Study display plans, sale promotion, and advertising towards marketing merchandise in a profitable manner.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Experience, Education and Skills:
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a General Manager for large scale supermarket [References required].
- Educational qualification: Minimum Foundation Degree in Retail Management, Management or Business preferred.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to relate cordially with clients.
- Possess management proficiency.
- Ability to plan and execute strategic sales processes.
- Ability to deliver results.
- Ability to manage other staff members
- Possess excellent specific market knowledge.
- Possess computer and accounting proficiency.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Ability to multitask.
- LANGUAGES: In addition to Arabic, an excellent level in Hebrew and English is required.
Interested candidates should submit their applications together with a cover letter to email: [email protected]
We are currently reviewing all applications on a rolling basis and until a final candidate is selected. For consideration, please apply by May 20, 2022. However, we encourage candidates to apply immediately if interested.
Duty Station: East Jerusalem.