Subcomponent 1.1 Manager
DAI is seeking highly qualified candidates for the following position:
Subcomponent 1.1 Manager “Improving Market Linkages to Arab Communities in Regional Entrepreneurship Ecosystems”
Project: Innovative Private Sector Development -IPSD
Expected start date: ASAP
Level of effort: Full-time
Location: Ramallah, Palestine
DAI is the implementing agency (PIA) looking to hire a qualified Subcomponent 1.1 Manager “Improving Market Linkages to Arab Communities in Regional Entrepreneurship Ecosystems” for the Innovative Private Sector Development Project (IPSD).
Innovative Private Sector Development (IPSD) Project
The IPSD is a Ministry of National Economy project funded by the World Bank and implemented by DAI as a project Implementation Agency (PIA).
IPSD is a US$22 million project with the objective of improving economic opportunities for individuals and firms in the West Bank and Gaza. It also falls under the World Bank's overarching objective to alleviate market failures related to gaps and binding constraints in the entrepreneurship ecosystem of the digital economy including inhuman capital, financing, product markets, enabling policies, institutional support, and connectivity.
- Prepare and follow through a phased programme of action to ensure coordination of efforts in implementing related activities of IPSD project.
- Prepare and consolidate the work plans, programme reports and budgets for this component of the Project for review and approval by the Project Director and MoNE.
- Develop and manage the market linkages activities, with focus on Arab communities in regional entrepreneurship ecosystems, and manage relationship with key organizations, high growth entrepreneurs, consultants and investors in proximate ecosystems.
- Coordinate the preparation, monitoring and reporting on the execution of the overall procurement plan of the project for the procurement of goods, consulting and non-consulting services, consistent with procurement guidelines of the funding Development Partners and the specific provisions of the Grant Agreement.
- Ensure proper knowledge transfer and capacity building to MoNE relevant departments.
- Organise quarterly meetings with key actors across all project component to assess progress, identify implementation constraints, and recommend remedial actions.
- Oversee grant administration cycle for component, including outreach, committee reviews, grantee monitoring and payments.
- Monitor grantees to ensure they implement grants according to grant agreement and regulations.
- Project coordination with key functions such as procurement, finance, communications and monitoring and evaluation.
- In close collaboration with the M&E Specialist, monitor the effectiveness of the project's Subcomponent 1 .1 activities, and make recommendations for project improvements and adaptations, and document and incorporate lessons learned.
- Produce and/or contribute to project documents, workplans and other reports as necessary (for both the inception and implementation phase).
- With the other team members, nurture and maintain team spirit and a collegial working environment that reflects DAI's core principals of integrity, responsibility, excellence and global citizenship.
- Comply with DAI ethics, safeguarding and security policies and procedures.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant postgraduate qualification with a minimum of 5 years' experience in entrepreneurship development and investments, including international experience, with strong technical leadership in private sector and in overseeing development grants.
- Proven experience in market access and services, with demonstrated client relationship alliance building.
- Experience in organizing international events, roadshows, and other outreach awareness and b2b events, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relations with colleagues, clients and partners, and capability to work under pressure, with good experience in leadership and strategic management of project team.
- Track record of successful coordination with government and private sector stakeholders.
- Experience in project grant management.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Readiness to work in multi-cultural environment and deliver under tight deadlines on a continual basis.
- Knowledge of West Bank/Gaza generally and of the sensitivity to the underlying social, economic and political context in particular.
The post holder will report to the Project Director.
To Apply: If you would like to be part of a dynamic project team and are interested in submitting your CV for consideration, please apply through the following link:
Individual position postings including job description and qualifications sought can be viewed at the link provided. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for additional information.
All applications must be received no later than June 5, 2023.
About DAI: DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in over 90 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.