AMIDEAST and the Palestinian Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MoEHE) are jointly implementing the Education for Future (E4F) Program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The five-year program was awarded September 15, 2017. E4F is seeking to hire the following full time position:
The Student Engagement Manager will be a key staff to develop and implement a plan with a diverse range of activities that enrich the student experience, learning and well- being. Working closely with the senior program manager and the COP, the Manager will oversee student engagement activities and develop a targeted strategy highlighting the successes of the E4F program and the contribution of non-formal and student counseling to the quality of teaching and learning in governmental schools in the West Bank.
This position leads E4F’s efforts to increase the engagement of students in non-formal and supplementary education activities and to boost student along with the development of relationship between E4F schools, parents and community groups to improve learning and student development. In addition, it will support the program effort to complement formal education with supplementary activities to fill in critical gaps in student competencies and civic engagement opportunities and develop a plan for career counseling relevant to vocational education programs in schools.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in education, psychology, social sciences, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- At least 7 years of experience in project implementation with the majority being in schools or educational settings with community involvement.
- At least 2 years management experience in areas like student services, including student counselling and wellbeing, and disability services.
- Fluent in Arabic and English
- A self-starter, able to take the lead on individual initiatives, and to manage multiple administrative tasks with ease
- Advanced proficiency in Word and Excel;
The position descriptions are not intended to be all-inclusive, and the incumbent will perform other reasonable business-related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other managers when necessary. AMIDEAST reserves the right to amend duties and responsibilities as needed to ensure effective and efficient project implementation.
Interested applicants should email their resume with a cover letter directly to
no later than Saturday November 25 2017.