Palestine Ahliya University (PAU) has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund – Ministry of Education and Higher Education with funding from the World Bank, for the project entitled: Transition to Labor Market: Upgrading MIS Program. Accordingly, PAU intends to apply part of this grant for the selection and employment of a highly qualified consultant/ expert.
- Assignment objectives:
PAU is now considering the selection of a professional and qualified expert consultant to be part of the consultation team responsible for the overall upgrading of the PAU MIS bachelor degree program. The desired consultant will be expected to develop a strategic business plan for the establishment of a Living Lab at PAU.
The new MIS Living Lab will be the first of its kind in Palestine and will serve the market by creating a channel by which professional issues can be addressed and solved through this hub for critical thinking and innovation.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and skills
- A minimum of Master degree in a relevant field with 5 years of related experience.
- Experience in similar assignment
- Good knowledge and connections with the private sector firms acting in the field of IT particularly in the southern part of the West Bank.
- Experience in strategic business planning.
- Experience in designing/ writing up manuals, policies and procedures.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of a related Labs / MIS and IS are a plus.
- Knowledge of Palestinian universities and the tertiary academic field.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
The consultant is responsible of the following:
- Develop, design and implement an effective methodology and implementation plan to develop a full five-year strategic plan for the Living Lab. This should clearly reflect deliverables, timeframe and level of effort. It should be approved by the project team.
- Conduct detailed consultations with Palestine Ahliya University’s administration and any other stakeholders in the Living Lab establishment.
- Conduct comprehensive SWOT analysis for the establishment of the Living Lab.
- Develop the following material: Operations manual, structure of the Living Lab, cooperation protocol with private sector, Marketing Strategies and Dissemination, Appendix of Supporting Documents.
- Facilitate two meetings with PAU admin and academic parties including the quality department to discuss and finalize the final deliverables.
- Illustrate the mechanism of using the lab modern tools and techniques in improving the teaching of core courses.
- Methodology and Implementation Plan. This should be approved by the project team indicating tasks, time frame, and level of effort.
- Five-year strategic business plan including all sections described in the “tasks section”
- SWOT Analysis Report for the establishment of the Living Lab.
- Interim progress report and final report.
Contract type: Lump Sum contract.
Contractual agreement: Consultant will be appointed under the terms and conditions of QIF and World Bank.
Application: Please forward your C.V. and cover letter by email to [email protected]