Staff Nurse- Jerusalem– National position
Position type and closing date
Full time position, National Position.
Location: Based in Jerusalem
Reports to: Head Nurse
Closing date for applications: 21 October 2022
Applicants are required to uphold the core values of our organization.
The Augusta Victoria Hospital (AVH) is a medical center of excellence that has been providing healthcare services and other health programs for about 70 years to Palestinians, including refugees from throughout the West Bank and Gaza. AVH, a program by the Lutheran World Federation, serves patients regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, or political conviction, without discrimination or favoritism; It is a modern tertiary care facility that serves the most disadvantaged patients from Gaza and the West Bank and has a special historic relationship with the United Nations Relief Works Agency (UNRWA) for Palestine Refugees
For additional information, please see www.lutheranworld.org/World Service.
Terms of Reference
Main outcome of the role:
A Staff Nurse, is responsible for working with other healthcare professionals to help treat patients with various injuries, illnesses or disabilities. Their duties include communicating with Physicians and other Registered Nurses about patient needs, administering IVs and medications to aid their patients’ health and using medical equipment to monitor patients’ vital signs.
The duties of a Staff Nurse may vary depending on the work environment, but they generally include the following:
- Adhere to safety and infection control policies followed at Augusta Victoria Hospital.
- Provide patient care that is compassionate, appropriate, and effective for the promotion of health
- Demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills that enable him/her to establish and maintain professional relationships with patients, and other members of health care teams.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects a commitment to continuous professional development and ethical practice and a responsible attitude toward his/her patients, their profession, and society.
- Provide high-quality patient care.
- Follow care regulations, policies, and standards.
- Observe and record patient behavior
- Perform physical examinations and diagnostic tests
- Collect patient health history
- Counsel and educate patients and their families on treatment plans
- Administer medication, change wound dressings and care for other treatment options
- Read and interpret patient information, making treatment decisions when appropriate
- Consult with supervisors and physicians to decide on the best treatment plan for patients.
- Prepare and assist with medical procedures according to physician request.
- Assist with the continuous development of staff.
- Identify hazards in the workplace and provide solutions.
- Direct and supervise nurses, nurse assistants and nurse aides
- Research ways to improve healthcare processes and improve patient outcomes
- Attend and participate effectively in departmental and interdepartmental meetings and hospital activities.
- Perform any other related duties, as assigned.
Job description and additional duties will be assigned according to the department where the nurse will be assigned
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Qualifications, Skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree in nursing.
- Passing the National Licensure Examination
- Active license as a registered nurse.
- Current BLS certification.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English and in Arabic.
- Ability to build credibility and trust with departments and staff and work effectively with them.
- Effective communication skills. The ability to effectively communicate with patients, caregivers, and fellow medical professionals.
- Teamwork-oriented and demonstrated flexibility.
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and demonstrate flexibility and creativity in planning and problem-solving.
Respect and promote ethical values and human rights. In addition, maintaining professional relationships and acting as guides.
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is a global communion of 148 churches in the Lutheran tradition, representing 75.5 million Christians in 99 countries. LWF World Service works in 25 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean. LWF Jerusalem program has served the Palestinians in Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza through humanitarian, health and educational programs since 1948. LWF manages the Augusta Victoria Hospital, two vocational training centers in Ramallah and in East Jerusalem and its central office is on the Mount of Olives.
Apply online via Apply Now button below