Established in 1958, the Union of Charitable Societies - Jerusalem (UCS) is the first National Palestinian non-profit and independent UCS of non-governmental charitable and developmental associations. The UCS has approximately 150 member organizations in Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Jericho, and Ramallah.
The UCS’s vision is to build an effective civil society contributing to sustainable national development. We are a national UCS leading civil society organizations and working to improve the capacities and services of our member societies through providing a range of specialized and quality services that advances Palestinian civil society and contributes to sustainable development. The Union of Charitable Societies–Jerusalem (UCS) invites highly qualified candidates to apply for the following posts:
- Job title: Staff / Geriatric Nurse
- Part time Position number: PR/8/2020
- Type of contract: Fixed term consultancy contract (4months)
- Report to: Programs Manager
- Location: Ramallah – Bethlehem (2 positions)
- Salary: Salary dependent upon experience.
- Closing date for applications: Thursday, December 10, 2020
The primary purpose of this role is to work with the UCS Programs Department to support the implementing the project “Hand to hand with the older person to pass Covid-19 Pandemic during 2020/2021”.
- Contribute to designing a comprehensive screening tool and implementing home-based surveys and conduct regular home visits.
- Contribute to reporting on cases and act as a referral focal person.
- Assist in providing healthcare and support to elderly people when needed.
- Understand medications and medical history for assessment of the elderly people
- Help to assess the cognitive skills and mental status of the elderly people
- Observe, understand, and manage peculiar old age health concerns like incontinence, insomnia, loss of strength and appetite, sexual issues as well as mobility challenges
- Help to educate the families and caregivers of their patients on the best ways to care for them and keep them safe
- Help in developing a screening tool for identifying vulnerable older persons in the community.
- Help in developing messages for psycho-social information and guidance with the team to be delivered through social media.
- Contribute to the message development sessions for tailor- made/ review of existing COVID-19 messages aiming at promoting health and protection of elderly people during the pandemic.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for the Geriatric Nurse Position
The following skills, knowledge, and abilities are typically required qualities from applicants seeking to work as geriatric nurses:
- You must be interested and willing to work with elderly people.
- You must also understand the art of multi-tasking and effective time management
- Having a genuine interest in helping other people is a skill that would also come in handy for geriatric nurses
- You must have enough strength and stamina to withstand long hours of home visits.
- The nurse should also be physically and mentally fit.
- They should be good team players and be able to work with doctors, caregivers in other organisations and other colleagues well
- They should also have solid people relationship skills. They must be able to relate well with patients as well as all other medical staff
- Respects cultural and religious practices of patients
- University degree in Nursing.
- S/he should possess a practice license from related authorities.
- Preferable specialization or experience in Geriatric Nursing.
- Desirable 3 years of previous experience in other NGO’s.
- Demonstrable experience in training others in a team setting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Results and quality orientated teamwork and cooperation.
- Behavioural flexibility, stress management, reporting skills.
- Excellent command of English & Arabic.
All applicants are requested to send their resumes along with a cover letter in English to the following email address: [email protected]cs-pal.org and quote “Nurse Vacancy” in the subject line. The deadline for sending job applications is Thursday, December 10, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Union of the Charitable Societies-Jerusalem (UCS) is an equal opportunities employer and females are highly encouraged to apply.