Job Title:Staff Accountant
Program/Unit:Finance and Accounting
Reporting Line:Senior Staff Accountant
Position Type:Full Time
Founded in 1992, the mission of the PCRF is to provide medical care for sick and injured children, regardless of their nationality or religion. We do this by sending children abroad for free care, sponsoring volunteer medical teams to provide care for children and training for local medical personnel, as well as running humanitarian and developmental projects. For more information, please visit: www.pcrf.net
The Accountant is responsible for daily accounting operations including deposits, payment requests receipt , review , record , and release , Ensuring the appropriate implementation of the designed accounting control procedures .
- review and verify invoices and check requests
- sort, code and match invoices
- Set invoices up for payment after ensuring compliance with PCRF procedures , and applicable internal and external regulations
- Ensure all eligible payments are processed according to PCRF payment terms .
- Follow up on payment requests as needed.
- enter and upload invoices into our system
- prepare and process electronic transfers and payments
- Correct and Accurate recording of receipts and Donations.
- Ensure compliance with the organizations’ internal control systems
- prepare and perform check runs
- post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- reconcile accounts payable transactions
- monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Provide Accounts Payable aging reports and A/P reconciliation with vendors on quarterly basis.
- Provide Reports for programs, missions, etc. to Chief accountant within 2-business day of request.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Prepare bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Ensure the implementation of assets safeguarding controls including but not limited to “ Fixed assets registers , petty cash trackers “
- Any other financial tasks requested by the chief accountant.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Task oriented.
- Flexibility to work on ad hoc basis when needed.
- Working in Ngo is a plus.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems
- Bachelor degree in accounting from accredited university
- Solid Understanding of accounting principles "GAAP , IFRS " and knowledge of general accounting procedures and practices
- knowledge and expertise on using accounting software - Bisan experience is preferable.
- proficient in data entry and Financial reporting.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with regard to finance information.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (spoken and written)
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and thoughts verbally and in writing
- Accurately prepares written correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional across languages
- Listens to others and accepts input from team members
- Presents to volunteers, staff and donors professionally
- Establishes harmonious working relationships with team members.
- Shows initiative in interacting with and collaborating with team members on projects and organization’s activities
- Use every opportunity to learn from team members
- 2-3 years accounting experience.
- Appreciation of and dedication to the cause of PCRF
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Displays a positive attitude
- Demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work
- Sets high standards of performance for oneself
Interested Candidates from Ramallah and Al-Bireh only are welcome to send their CV’s on:
no later than March 14, 2019