Bamieh Tech was founded in 2018 based out of Jerusalem. We are a team of highly skilled engineers and data experts working with large enterprises and startups around the globe.
We specialize in building solutions to scale and enhance business processes with a special focus on data to enable analysis, monitoring, and decision-making. We have projects in fintech, banking, and the media sectors.
The nature of our business enables us to work with cool technologies and continuously learn new things. We are a technology company passionate about software and data engineering.
Come help us build awesome cloud-based solutions to solve critical problems for our clients. We are always learning and experimenting with different technologies and continuously work on improving our codebase, feature set, user experience, and data capabilities across the board.
Visit our website https://bamieh.com
About the role
We're looking for one of our founding engineers (you'd be in our first five). Someone who wants to grow and scale themselves and is ready to get their hands dirty on day 0 as a hacker.
The platform team is responsible for designing the projects’ application architecture, features, APIs, and integrations. You will be a key contributor to improving our projects’ performance, stability, and scalability.
Projects we are working on:
Bamieh Tech works on multiple projects. The core of our stack is Elixir-lang and NodeJS. At least one of these two technologies is required to be effective in this role. While primarily you will focus on a single project, you would get to work and influence various projects. Here are the technology stacks for some of our projects:
- Firebase/NextJS stack: Serverless architecture, turboJS, NextJS, Firebase, ReactJS, FIX protocol, AWS, full CI/CD (Terraform, Github actions)
- ELK stack: Kibana plugins, Elasticsearch, NodeJs, puppeteer, Elastic Cloud, AWS, full CI/CD (Terraform, Ansible)
- PETAL stack: PETAL stack (Phoenix, Elixir, Tailwind, Alpine, and LiveView), Postgres, Elasticsearch, AWS, full CI/CD (k8, terraform)
- Telemetry and data processing stack: Logstash, NodeJS, AWS, Elasticsearch, BigQuery, Airbyte
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
What will you do?
You will primarily focus on setting up and building the PETAL stack project, a real-time platform built on top of Elixir and Phoenix Liveview.
While a hands-on experience in the PETAL stack is a huge bonus, we do not expect you to have previous knowledge of Elixir; Instead, we’ll assess your learning progress and ability to build on previous knowledge during the interview rounds.
The project specifications and user flows are well-defined. You will partner closely with the infra team and the frontend team to deliver features. As a team, we have the luxury of setting priorities and building technical requirements for the project.
What you bring
- In-depth experience with at least one of the following programming languages; Typescript, Elixir, Ruby, or Go
- Senior level expertise in developing scalable and performing applications
- Proficiency in at least of the following MVC frameworks; Phoenix, Angular, or ReactJS.
- Deep understanding of the design, implementation, and consumption of REST, WebSockets, and message passing protocols
- Strong knowledge in persistence layers such as Firebase, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, and others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- An interest in learning new tools, languages, workflows, and philosophies that can help you grow
You get bonus points for
- Experience with Elixir and Pheonix - a significant advantage
- Experience with Kubernetes - a significant advantage
- Experience with functional programming concepts - an advantage
- Experience with statically typed languages - an advantage
- Familiar with ETL processes and data pipelines
- Familiar with DDD, onion, and message passing architecture concepts.
- Familiar with building distributed and fault-tolerant systems
What we offer
We are passionate about technology, and while we pursue ambitious goals, we also believe in providing a place where you can strike a great work-life balance. We take care of our people and celebrate you for what you are and can do.
- Distributed, remote-first company. Flexible work schedule and location
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health insurance, a generous number of vacation days, and other benefits
- Work with a highly skilled team. Exposure to multiple stacks across different industries solving data and engineering problems
We offer a 4,000 - 6,000 USD/monthly gross salary based on experience for this position
Interested candidates can apply by sending their resumes to
Email: [email protected]
Titled: "Sr. Software Dev. Engineer"