Sr. Early Childhood ED/Basic ED Advisor, USAID/WBG Basic ED
Background: Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, governance, and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Summary: Creative Associates seeks a Senior Early Childhood Education/Basic Education Advisor (Sr. ECE/BE Advisor) for the anticipated USAID-funded West Bank/Gaza Basic Education Activity (BEA), which will strengthen education services for Palestinian children of KG 1 through Grade 6 that enable them to thrive and reach their full developmental potential. Under the Basic Education Activity, USAID seeks to work with the private sector, non-formal, non-governmental, community-based, UN, and civil society partners to strengthen early childhood and primary educational opportunities through high quality early childhood education services and supplemental support structures to strengthen foundational pre-primary and primary education for children in the West Bank, Gaza, and East Jerusalem. Specific areas of focus anticipated include strengthening foundational skills in literacy, numeracy, social emotional learning (SEL)/soft skills, building teacher and student resilience capabilities and assets, and strengthening pathways between non-formal to formal education.
Responsibilities: The Sr. ECD/BE Advisor will work closely with the DCOP to support all aspects of the early childhood components, management of all aspects of the project related to remedial/catch up and STEAM education, including but not limited to managing technical staff, overseeing the status and progress of the different activities, coordinating amongst implementing partners, ensuring adequate and timely reporting requirements are met, and representing the project in technical level meetings.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Advanced degree (PhD or MA) from an accredited university in Education, Early Childhood Education, or related field
- Minimum 10 years working experience in the field of early childhood education, remedial education, non-formal education, foundational learning, and extra-curricular programming in the areas of extracurricular, or girls’ education programs
- Experience working in developing and/or humanitarian contexts within the Education sector and an understanding of the local context
- Significant prior experience with ECE programming
- Experience in using assessment and measurement tools and developing materials for ECE and BE
- Experience in developing monitoring and evaluation systems for education programs, highly desired
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to develop relations with technical staff, local counterparts, donors, and other stakeholders
- Minimum four (4) years of work experience in the MENA region
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Fluency in Arabic and working proficiency in English
Please submit your application by going to the following link: