OBJECTIVE: Right To Play - (RTP) is seeking a consultant with knowledge and excellent track-record as a Sport and Physical Education Consultant, to conduct coaching visits, sport tournaments and workshops in WB.
About Right To Play (RTP) is an independent international development agency committed to educating and empowering children facing diversity through the transformative power of Play. RTP is headquartered in Canada and works in more than 15 countries; the agency was established in Palestine in 2003 with the mission to provide underprivileged children with access to quality play-based learning and equip school staff with necessary skills and knowledge to promote child rights, safety and protection of children and gender equality. RtP works with different partners across the West Bank and Gaza; among of which: Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MoEHE), The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East is an UN agency (UNRWA), Palestine Football Federation, High Council for Youth and Sport...etc. Right To Play works under the mission of “Protect, educate and empower children to rise above adversity using the power of play”.
Towards Gender-Responsive and Empowering Education for Refugee Girls and Boys in the West Bank and Gaza (TOGETHER/MA’AN) Project
RTP Palestine is launching a new project in collaboration with Global Affairs Canada (GAC) ‘Towards Gender-Responsive and Empowering Education for Refugee Girls and Boys in the West Bank and Gaza’ (TOGETHER) Project which will work towards improved, safe, supportive and gender-responsive education for girls and boys in grades 1-9 enrolled in every United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees in the Near East (UNWRA) school in West Bank and Gaza (370 schools). This will be achieved by i) integrating gender-responsive play-based learning into teaching practice by primary teachers; ii) equipping girls and boys to respond to and overcome conflict and violence (including gender-based violence) by building the capacity of school counsellors and physical education teachers to deliver gender-responsive play-based psychosocial support activities; and iii) improving the response of school officials, UNRWA staff, mothers, fathers caregivers and community members to address the gender-based education needs of girls and boys. Collectively, these efforts will create safe and supportive learning environments and more equal and inclusive learning opportunities for Palestinian refugee girls and boys.
Purpose of The Consultancy
The objective of this consultancy is to provide coaching and supervising support to UNRWA physical Education teachers (PE) in 96 UNRWA schools across the West Bank. The consultant will be hired over a duration of one year (12 months, days a week, 8 hours a day) with the purpose of- I. Activate and practically apply UNRWA policies and strategies through building the capacity of PE teachers to carry out and lead gender-responsive sport and play-based activities for girls and boys, II. Improve the resilience of girls and boys to better respond and/or overcome conflict and violence (including gender-based violence) using sports and play-based learning
Scope of work:
The consultant will report directly to the Program Manager at Right To Play and UNRWA Deputy Chief of Education regarding the following scope of work:
Trainings and workshops:
- Under the supervision of UNRWA Direct Supervisor and in coordination with RTP team, the consultant is responsible for coordinating for all UNRWA Physical Educations (PE) teachers’ trainings in WB. This Includes to: prepare trainees list from targeted schools; identify training venue; send invitation; coordinate with RTP trainers and school principals and coordinating other required logistic support
- Participate in facilitating trainings and workshops in full coordination with RTP training officer, field facilitators
- Responsible for coordinating for Mid-line study and other MEL monitoring visits
Coaching and follow-up:
- Provide quality leadership and coaching service as a supervisor to UNRWA PE teachers in WB on how to lead a gender-responsive sport and play activities for girls and boys.
- Responsible for coordinating and conducting field/ visits and observations in a monthly basis, following UNRWA and RTP coaching approach and using RTP classroom observation form.
- Responsible for coordinating and participating in PE teachers Community of Practice (CoP) in full cooperation with RTP and UNRWA team
- Submit field/ visits and observations filled forms to RTP MEL specialist
- Communicate and enforce UNRWA policies and procedures
Sport Tournaments and events:
- Responsible for the total operation of sport tournaments and events -in cooperation with RTP team- including: drafting the tournament’s plan preparing participants list, identifying sport venue; sending invitation; overseeing the check-out and check-in of equipment to participants, and overseeing the check-out and check-in of participants’ movement to and out of the events; other related tasks.
- Ensure a safe environment for participants by inspecting the playing area before the competition, and creating a safe environment for play.
- Coordinate, attend and assist in conducting all assigned officials other sport events
- Submit monthly activity and field visit plan.
- Submit activity progress report on a monthly basis
- Submit sport tournaments and events report after each event
Additional Job Responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience
Geographic Coverage: West Bank
Work Station: UNRWA Office – WB-Ramallah
The consultant will use UNRWA vehicles (not driving)
Duration: One Year consultancy agreement (Five days a week, 8 hours a day)
The contract will come into effect from the date of signing to one year; preferably from October 2020 to September 2021. Contract is subject to extension based on performance and the availability of fund.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Academic degree in Sport, Physical Education, or other relevant field, or more than 10 years’ experience in working sport field
- Previous experience in working with development projects
- Previous experience in coaching is desirable
- Previous experience in working in education sector (UNRWA) is desirable
Good in spoken and written English and Arabic. (Reports should be submitted in English)
- RTP will pay the consultant on a monthly basis based on agreed number of working days, from RTP’s bank account as a wire transfer to the consultant’s bank account.
- Consultant should submit a financial request for the payment each month along with a monthly timesheet.
- This contract is subject to the Palestinian income tax law
- The first party: RTP as the responsible body for the project
- The second party (Consultant) is not a RTP employee and has no benefits.
The offers will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- 70 % Technical Offer (CV and Previous Experience)
- 30 % Financial Offer (find template included)
Price offer template:
- Please Note that the submitted prices should be including taxes and in NIS.
- Please Note that all price offers should be signed
If you are interested in applying for this consultancy, please send your resume and financial offer by 13/09/2020 2020: to:
[email protected] and kindly include your name in the subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Right To Play provides equal consultancy opportunities to consultants regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centred organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory police record check.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com