ActionAid is an international organisation, working with over 25 million people in more than 40 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid Palestine is a part of the ActionAid International Federation and ActionAid Australia.
ActionAid is seeking a qualified person to fill the position of SPA2 Program Manager for its Global Platform for 12 months period (extendable).
The post location is Hebron
Start Date: Immediately.
The Program Manager is responsible for the management and implementation of ActionAid’s SPA2 Programme in partnership with ActionAid Denmark and funded by the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA).
She/he provides leadership to ensure the quality delivery of the program through close cooperation with the Head of Programs to develop a competent and committed SPA2 team to work on the Program and build the capacity of local partners at all levels which integrates AA’s core approaches including HRBA, women’s leadership, accountability, localization and links to longer term development i.e. HUM-DEV-Peace nexus...etc.
The key responsibilities areas for this position will be as follows:
- Represent AAP and promote the organization in relevant meetings with local authorities, communities and other working groups.
- Create awareness, engagement and mobilization in target communities
- Coordinate with local authorities, development actors for joint initiatives and effective coordination.
- Link policy work with project activities to bring coherence between policy and project work, ensuring a bottom up approach to policy work
- Lead the development of annual plans and budgets, and monthly financial plan together with projected spending and monitor progress against this plan closely.
- Control expenditure and disbursement to ensure compliance with AAP financial policy and procedures, Track and monitor project budget and expenditure, Approve expenditure after necessary procedures.
- Ensure timely and quality delivery of the Program's activities against the overall Program's objective and key change results.
- Produce high quality, timely Program reports as per the MoU between AAP and AAI/Denmark and as per Danida reporting guidelines
- Develop narrative and financial reports in coordination with different functions that demonstrate efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lead the development of an effective monitoring, evaluation & learning (MEL) plan in line with overall logical framework matrix.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits both for sensitization, coordination, monitoring and evaluation for the project activities.
Partnership Relationship management and Networking: Support Partner appraisal and selection process, the development of MOUs, to strengthen capacity and support partners to practice HRBA, women’s and youth leadership and accountability to communities, in addition to Build capacity of partners to develop projects that effectively lead to longer term programmes
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Eligible applicants are required to have the following qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, social sciences, development studies or management. Master’s degree in any relevant social sciences discipline from a recognized institution is preferred.
- At least 6 years relevant experience in a multi-culture working environment and preferably in International agencies.
- In-depth understanding of the socio-economic context, situation of women and youth in Palestine is required.
- Proven experience in leadership and management
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic are equally important.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to stay on task
- Work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Travel frequently within Palestine with a valid driving licence
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] no later than 10 October 2022 and kindly include the job title in the subject line. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Women are encouraged to apply.
ActionAid is committed to preventing and responding to any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (as well as child abuse and abuse of adults at-risk), whether carried out by staff/representatives or resulting from our work.
Our Safeguarding Policy outlines our commitment to protecting anyone who comes into contact with ActionAid from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in all its forms. This Policy is supported by the Child Safeguarding Policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) Policy and Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, and Abuse (SHEA) at Work Policy.