Job Title: Software Members’ Advocacy Officer
Contract Duration: 1 Year – Renewable
Starting Date: ASAP
The Palestine Information Technology Association of Companies (PITA) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of “Software Members’ Advocacy Officer”.
Background on PITA
Palestinian Information Technology Association of Companies – PITA is the voice of the ICT sector in Palestine. It has more than 180 member companies working in different ICT sectors such as software and outsourcing sector, hardware sector, training and consultancy sector, Internet and telecommunications sectors.
PITA is the reference and representative association of private ICT sector. PITA was founded in 1999 by a group of Palestinian entrepreneurs as a non-profit organization to advance the interests and positive societal impact of Palestine’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector. A new generation of forward-thinking entrepreneurs with a heritage that takes them back thousands of years in history is bringing together profound change to the technology and startup landscape. Having the vision towards “A nation nurturing innovation and contributing to world knowledge” and the mission “To lead the ICT sector towards an innovation-based economy”.
PITA offers its members a wide range of exclusive services that help leverage members’ investments and facilitate information exchange among them. Through its varied programs, PITA provides a multitude of services which are aimed at promoting and facilitating the exchange of knowledge, information and deal flow with its members. It also recognizes the need for capacity building where we help companies with technical skills, soft skills training, access to markets, and legal and HR advise. Adding to that; PITA’s committees are comprised of PITA dedicated members that are specialized in certain aspects of the ICT sector and such committees include the Software Committee. All of those committees are devoted to the development of the sector by offering specialized consultancy and following up with different stakeholders in the Palestinian economy. Under this framework; PITA seeks a Software Members’ Advocacy Officer that his/her major functions can be summarized with as follow:
Software Members’ Advocacy Officer takes the lead in a number of initiatives and activities in respect to the coordination of PITA’s Software Committee; particularly the internal and external communications with the public and the private sectors, supporting the various structures at all levels in building an ICT brand visibility.
The officer will be responsible of developing and implementing the software committee advocacy strategies, he/she must have extensive experience in policy, promotional and advocacy work, performing advocacy activities under the direction of the software committee. This includes developing communications strategies, meetings arrangements, creating content, briefing members, and managing all internal and external communications.
Reporting Line: PITA’s General Manager and the Software Committee.
Main duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
Strategic, Communication and Outreach Management:
- Leading and managing processes of a strategic advocacy plan.
- Participate in brainstorming meetings with software committee members at all stages of plan formulation.
- Proposing and lobbying initiatives for the software members.
- Organizing and coordinating advocacy/engagement activities including meetings, steering groups, campaign days, social media campaigns, media/radio broadcasts, conferences, workshops, progress reports
- Building and maintaining excellent networks and working relations with partners and stakeholders.
- Working closely with software committee’s members to conduct joint scoping/engagement/detailed planning.
- Ensuring that advocacy activities are properly budgeted, documented and information is entered to facilitate effective monitoring and evaluation
- Writing, publishing, and disseminating advocacy briefs.
- Developing policy work and activities and position papers; discussing and implementing organization principles.
- Preparing and marketing proposals for fundraising projects.
- Revising policies related to advocacy; and preparing reports, among others.
- Where feasible, offer strategic communications advice to the software committee’s members to maximize their advocacy impact.
- Working on internal and external communication, community outreach, and media relations to elevate and maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community.
- Liaising with colleagues and the implementing partners and key spokespeople and stakeholders.
- Performing any other relevant duties as assigned by the Software Committee.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Proven experience in strategic communications/ marketing, public relations and stakeholder engagement in the development, energy or other related sectors.
- Educated to at least Bachelors’ degree level in a relevant field such as mass communication, management, development studies, public policy and etc.
- Experience of engaging with membership organizations.
- The ability to articulate ideas in a clear, visual and concise way for a variety of audiences using both traditional and digital mediums
- Proven ability to develop consensus policy positions and write high-quality policy and position papers.
- Ability to work, communicate and advocate with a broad range of stakeholders including policymakers, government officials, NGOs, the media and community representatives.
- Experience using and/or organizing media relations, web/mobile/social media, print and public events.
- Excellent analytical skills and fluency in English and Arabic with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong working experience of a variety of public relations programs.
- Excellent research and public-speaking skills.
- Leadership, organizational, problem-solving, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge in Palestinian software development sector.
- He/she must have initiative and be able to work effectively under pressure independently and with a team.
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered.
Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English). Please submit your application by e- mail to [email protected] no later than Wednesday , 2nd of February, 2022 at 3:00 PM local time in Palestine and include the “Software Members’ Advocacy Officer” in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.