Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Hebron office a
Socio Economic Development Officer
For a period of 18 months
The Candidate will be responsible for:
- Prepare, plan and carry out group training sessions with beneficiaries
- Participate in the announcement of the project employability and entrepreneurship and beneficiary selection.
- Define, in coordination with the team, the activities work plan related to employment and entrepreneurship skills development
- Coordinate between the various on-going projects and manage the synergies and joint activities
- Support project beneficiaries to create networks and connections in the market to secure job and business opportunities
- Assist the beneficiaries in developing Curriculum Vitae (CV), cover letters and other documents for job application
- Assist and follow up the beneficiaries in developing business plans for their businesses
- Propose solutions and improvements relating to project progress
- Participate in the data collection for project activity evaluation or for communication purposes under the supervision of the Head of Project
- Conduct and follow up the implementation of awareness sessions in the targeted communities about pre-identified economic and labour rights topics
- Training of beneficiaries participating in the project on the different topics related to employability and entrepreneurship
- Coordinate with external trainers hired by AAH to deliver specific trainings for beneficiaries within the employment and entrepreneurship training manuals
- Assign beneficiaries to vocational and professional trainings based on skills assessment.
- Develop capacity building plan for each beneficiary and follow up on the implementation of the plan.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in in Social Sciences: Psychology, Pedagogy, Social Education, Development Studies, Economics, Administration and Management, Social Work, Sociology and the like
- Proven relevant field experience in food security context in the West Bank
- Minimum of 2 years in designing, conducting and following up technical trainings.
- Minimum experience of 2 years working on projects of social and/or employment insertion of people in situation of exclusion or social vulnerability.
- Past experience in internship programs and/or supervising projects focusing on skill for employability and or entrepreneurship will be an asset.
- Analytical thinking skills and ability to influence others.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Team worker.
- Ability to work in complex environments with challenges.
- Very good in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English
- Valid Driving License.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
The received applications will be included and valid in our database for a period of six months and will be used in similar future job opportunities.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 15/01/2020
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.