Job Title: Social Worker - Consultant
Job Category: Consultant
Program/Unit: Dr. Musa and Suhaila Nasir Gaza Pediatric Cancer Dep.
Reporting Line: Cancer Dept. Project Manager/VPO
Position Type: Full Time
Founded in 1992, the mission of the PCRF is to provide medical care for sick and injured children, regardless of their nationality or religion. We do this by sending children abroad for free care, sponsoring volunteer medical teams to provide care for children and training for local medical personnel, as well as running humanitarian and developmental projects. For more information, please visit: www.pcrf.net
The job of the social worker in the department is to be the face of the organization for patients, their families, staff, volunteers and the public, representing the values, goals and mission of the PCRF. The main goals of this position is to always seek new ways to improve the department, address challenges in patient care, staff support and training, and to provide a wide variety of social work interventions for patients, families, as well as with the staff.
provide all aspects of psychosocial support to patients and their families while under treatment, including:
- Conduct periodic meetings with patients and their families to assess and review their situation and needs; and to fill in/prepare needed documents, meet each new patient initially to orient them to the department with tour, policies review, etc. also determine the family’s psychosocial needs and plan support and interventions as needed at regular intervals or family requests and initiate any referrals for other psychosocial services;
- Undertake and write up assessments in collaboration with other professionals in the department;
- Offer information and support to patients and their families through the provision of educational information, holding a tour upon arrival, and addressing their questions and concerns as needed;
- Recommend the best course of action of a particular case
- Prepare a quarterly implementation plan for the needs and priorities of the department;
- Coordinate closely with the project manager and report on potential needs and priorities;
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports as needed;
- Participate in the daily rounds of the department and provide input as needed;
- Participate in training, supervision and team meetings; and
- Other tasks as needed.
Minimum Skill Requirements
- Minimum total 5 years of experience
- BA in Social Work or other related field
- Fluency in using Google Apps & and other PCRF Platforms
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems
- Fluent in written and spoken Arabic; English language spoken adequately
- Accurately prepares written correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional across languages.
- Listens to others and accepts input from team members.
- Dress and speaks in a professional and polite manner to all volunteers, staff, beneficiaries and others;
- No political or religious actions on personal social media or within working hours that violate the ethics or values of the PCRF are permitted;
- Appreciation of and dedication to the cause of PCRF in promoting the love for the organization
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Displays a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work.
- Sets high standards of performance for oneself.
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in crisis; Very good organizational skills to work autonomously;
- Strong observation, analytical and listening skills;
- Flexibility to adapt to new roles, tasks and situations.
- Establishes harmonious working relationships with team members.
- Shows initiative in interacting with and collaborating with team members on
- project's and organization’s activities
- Use every opportunity to learn from team members
- CV with three references.
- A cover letter explaining their suitability for the position.
- Please submit your application by e- mail to [email protected]